Relationship with Baker leads to offer for 4-star OL Van Pran

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Warren Easton (LA) 4-star OL Sedrick Van Pran has over 20 Division-I offers and has continued to increase his recruiting profile this spring. The 6-4 305 pound prospect added Miami to his list of verbal scholarships earlier this month.

“It felt amazing to get the offer due to the history of the program,” Van Pran said of UM.

Hurricanes defensive coordinator Blake Baker has handled recruiting in the state of Louisiana thus far and called Van Pran to offer him over the phone. Van Pran has a prior relationship with Baker that led to the offer, back from when the new Miami DC was coaching at in-state Louisiana Tech.

“I love coach Baker,” Van Pran said. “He was telling me how the O-Line coach is great and basically to come be a trend-setter.”

The Canes are set to take a big class on the offensive line this cycle to continue to rebuild the trenches. While Van Pran is ranked by recruiting services as a center, the Miami staff hasn’t pegged him for one position on the offensive line as of yet.

“They told me it doesn’t matter where I play,” Van Pran said. “They said all 5 spots are open.”

Van Pran recognizes the tradition at UM and that’s something that attracts him to the program. As for a summer trip to Miami, Van Pran said that could happen, but nothing has been set in stone.

“I think Miami is a good school, the history and school is iconic,” Van Pran said. “I’m still contemplating if I’ll take an official though.”

Van Pran said he is still wide open with his process, but schools like Bama, Texas A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, and LSU have been recruiting him the hardest according to him. He has already taken his first official visit of the cycle, which went to OU last month.

“I’m looking for a family and a place with a good O-Line coach and academics,” Van Pran said. “I’m hoping to go public with my decision in January at the Under Armour All-American game.”

The talented offensive lineman helped lead Warren Easton to a 12-3 record and the state championship game in 2018; however, the Eagles fell to Edna Karr in the finals. That’s why Van Pran is using this off-season to get better and make sure his team gets over the hump in 2019.

“My style of play is aggressive and quick,” Van Pran said. “I’m working on my technique and patience this off-season.”

Advertisement
2020 Warren Easton (LA) 4-star OL Sedrick Van Pran has over 20 Division-I offers and has continued to increase his recruiting profile this spring. The 6-4 305 pound prospect added Miami to his list of verbal scholarships earlier this month.

“It felt amazing to get the offer due to the history of the program,” Van Pran said of UM.

Hurricanes defensive coordinator Blake Baker has handled recruiting in the state of Louisiana thus far and called Van Pran to offer him over the phone. Van Pran has a prior relationship with Baker that led to the offer, back from when the new Miami DC was coaching at in-state Louisiana Tech.

“I love coach Baker,” Van Pran said. “He was telling me how the O-Line coach is great and basically to come be a trend-setter.”

The Canes are set to take a big class on the offensive line this cycle to continue to rebuild the trenches. While Van Pran is ranked by recruiting services as a center, the Miami staff hasn’t pegged him for one position on the offensive line as of yet.

“They told me it doesn’t matter where I play,” Van Pran said. “They said all 5 spots are open.”

Van Pran recognizes the tradition at UM and that’s something that attracts him to the program. As for a summer trip to Miami, Van Pran said that could happen, but nothing has been set in stone.

“I think Miami is a good school, the history and school is iconic,” Van Pran said. “I’m still contemplating if I’ll take an official though.”

Van Pran said he is still wide open with his process, but schools like Bama, Texas A&M, Georgia, Oklahoma, and LSU have been recruiting him the hardest according to him. He has already taken his first official visit of the cycle, which went to OU last month.

“I’m looking for a family and a place with a good O-Line coach and academics,” Van Pran said. “I’m hoping to go public with my decision in January at the Under Armour All-American game.”

The talented offensive lineman helped lead Warren Easton to a 12-3 record and the state championship game in 2018; however, the Eagles fell to Edna Karr in the finals. That’s why Van Pran is using this off-season to get better and make sure his team gets over the hump in 2019.

“My style of play is aggressive and quick,” Van Pran said. “I’m working on my technique and patience this off-season.”

Just like the dude from Wisconsin, don't waster your time Barry

Advertisement
spread the net, its obvious that S.Fla divas will play the game
and Miami scholie(my dream school, followed by a decommitt) seems to have more weight outside of Fla. than in state. not enough O line talent in state to win Titles need to spread the net.
we used to do well in La & Tx as well as NE corridor why not now??

Advertisement
Kid is explosive with long arms and a mean streak. Is throwing the shot put near the national elite standard, quick footed and with so-so weight training regimen has power cleaned near 300 pounds. In a real S&C program will be a beast.

Yah. I saw that as well. To me, that means zero chance of coming here. If a kid has to contemplate an OV, he's not taking us serious. Keep it moving. Find guys that want to be here.
I don’t think it’s that serious. It simply him showing his interest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back