Reilly Gibbons to Stanford

Pete keeps saying "Listen to Your Boy" --- his new catchphrase --- so this cat from the Cardinal with all the info on Gibbons, he is our boy?

Okay. Got it. Thanks. I was scrambling to remember anything I wrote that sounded similar. I don't read every page here so I missed the "your boy" reference.

From that link to the Cardinal message board, apparently the source of the leak had a very high opinion of Gibbons. He preferred Gibbons' potential above 2 of their other 3 offensive line recruits.

Indeed the opinion was high of Gibbons. I saw a tweet about it yesterday and admittedly was like "****** A", then I was like "who?", then I got over losing a recruit and actually looked a little further. Not thrilled about losing an OL, or the way he did it, but Stanford is said to be pretty **** impressive.

Advertisement
so going to Stanford for education over Miami is ok but going to a DT factory LSU over Miami is shady?

Interested to here this response

??

I think it is a little shady when an assumed handler appears to be involved in the process of one of the two players. Lets also just forget LSU is dirty as **** just so you can prove a point. The situations are in no way comparable...well besides the fact that they are both better football programs than Miami.

+1

LOL, the kid with the handler handled the recruiting a lot more professionally than the kid thinking about his education.

So you would pass up a full ride to Stanford ? Assuming getting to the NFL wasn't your primary concern?

so going to Stanford for education over Miami is ok but going to a DT factory LSU over Miami is shady?

Interested to here this response

??

I think it is a little shady when an assumed handler appears to be involved in the process of one of the two players. Lets also just forget LSU is dirty as **** just so you can prove a point. The situations are in no way comparable...well besides the fact that they are both better football programs than Miami.

the situations are comparable.

Gibbons wants to go to law school so he's choosing what he feels is the best school to get him there.

I'm assuming Valentine wants to go to the NFL so he's choosing what he feels is the best school to get him there.

Stanford is a better degree than Miami.

I see a lot of parallels there
LSU is a better DT school than Miami.

In other words guys this is all about gibbons. Had he chosen Stanford right from the beginning no problem. Clearly an elite academic school. Miami is just a top 50. However the way he flipped at the last
Minutes was not right. Shouldn't have stayed committed for so long only to flip at the last minute. Can't think of the word right for this but it's not nice

So, he's going to skip undergrad and go straight to law school? I get that he may have simply wanted to go to Stanford but the Law School explanation doesn't really make sense.

With a redshirt year he can get his Bachelor's and have 2 years down on his J.D.

East coast people don't quite understand the impact a Stanford degree has on a resume.

Think Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT.

I do recruiting for the tech industry, mainly in the Silicon Valley.
A Stanford Bachelor's in computer science is a winning lottery ticket.
It's a 6 figure salary straight out of college.
There is no other Bachelor's degree in the world, with the exception of a CS degree from MIT, that is more valuable.

If you have a Stanford degree and are on the job hunt in any field, you have a leg up on any non Ivy League competitor.

Have to give Gibbons credit for thinking long term instead of short.
I am well aware of Stanford's academic reputation so spare me the "east coast bias" speech. If law school was his ultimate motivation and end game there is no reason he couldn't attend Miami for undergrad and Stanford for Law School if he is as smart as people are claiming.

Simple reason would be that he would get guaranteed admittance to one of the top law schools in the country and wouldn't have to pay for it.

Advertisement
So, he's going to skip undergrad and go straight to law school? I get that he may have simply wanted to go to Stanford but the Law School explanation doesn't really make sense.

With a redshirt year he can get his Bachelor's and have 2 years down on his J.D.

East coast people don't quite understand the impact a Stanford degree has on a resume.

Think Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT.

I do recruiting for the tech industry, mainly in the Silicon Valley.
A Stanford Bachelor's in computer science is a winning lottery ticket.
It's a 6 figure salary straight out of college.
There is no other Bachelor's degree in the world, with the exception of a CS degree from MIT, that is more valuable.

If you have a Stanford degree and are on the job hunt in any field, you have a leg up on any non Ivy League competitor.

Have to give Gibbons credit for thinking long term instead of short.
I am well aware of Stanford's academic reputation so spare me the "east coast bias" speech. If law school was his ultimate motivation and end game there is no reason he couldn't attend Miami for undergrad and Stanford for Law School if he is as smart as people are claiming.

+1. Your undergrad school means sh*t to law schools. Its all LSAT/GPA

Stanford admits less than 5% of applicants to the law school. And you don't even apply to Stanford Law without a certain degree of accomplishment already. You can have a 4. and a perfect score on the LSAT and not get in.

Advertisement
Back