Regret setting in for Francois?

Advertisement
Let me say this publicly. **** the little attention ***** *****. I hope he gets taken by the children of the corn...........
Lol. “Malechai... he wants you too”

D584873C-6DA2-469C-919D-E4CC8F2CA570.gif

Banda called him at the ceremony lying telling him that Travis Fisher was leaving Nebraska. Jaiden was upset because he had already signed his LOI and the ceremony was just a formality. He was calling around up there trying to find out if it was true. ABSOLUTELY STUPID on Banda's part. Imagine if he had came here then found out Banda was lying?

It did come out later that Travis Fisher got a $125k raise & had turned down DB coach jobs at FSU and Ole Miss.

Cut the crap.

You said Banda was "lying" about Travis Fisher leaving Nebraska.

But then you admit that "it did come out later" that Fisher had to "turn down" job offers at F$U and Ole Miss. And that he needed a raise to do so.

WHERE IS THE LIE?

I'm sure that Banda didn't say "hey, Jaiden, I have seen Travis Fisher's signed contract with F$U, as well as his new apartment lease and the paperwork with the moving company." I'm sure that Banda told Jaiden what he had heard about Fisher going elsewhere. Not to mention, he's not going to get MULTIPLE job offers without putting himself on the market and at least having a phone conversation with the head coaches at those schools.

So, uh, maybe Jaiden can just admit that Banda DID NOT LIE to him, but merely told him what he had heard.

Would Jaiden have preferred it if NOBODY told him that Fisher interviewed at multiple other schools, and then when Jaiden got off the plane in Lincoln, and was standing in freezing slush, he was greeted not by Travis Fisher (who was now living in Tallahassee), but by the newly hired DB coach?

Tell Jaiden to go cry some more. Avantae chose Miami because Banda was honest with him for 3 years. Sorry that Jaiden was so butt-hurt that Banda tried to tell him his position coach was interviewing all over the southeast.

There is no justification for playing the games he did with us. People go different places for a variety of reasons without intentionally leading a different school to believe they had a signee.

Advertisement
No it was worse. We had cocaine being snorted on club tables and drug dealing police officers. We had riots. We had shootouts and chilled trailers with dead bodies.
Social media exists in Alabama too.
I guarantee you there are plenty of social media distractions at college campuses with over 50k students.
You have a tendency of posting sht about how much better it would be to play somewhere else or how much better this or that is in some other place.

Kids in the 80s were wired differently and were tougher mentally than kids are now. And what you’re describing is just how it was in many places in America, sir and not just major cities. That’s just coke and crack era rules and behaviors you’re describing. I’m in my late 40s...I was there.

I think you’re underestimating the power social media has on kids and young adults. Addictive properties like as narcotics, but distracting with impacts to personality traits. All kinds of interesting research is starting to come out. And it’s exacerbated by playing in a major city.

You don’t think it’s interesting that Miami, USC and schools in major cities produce far less pros and aren’t as competitive during the social media era. Sure, bad coaching has a lot to do with it, but I think there is some correlation with social media and the trappings of playing in a major city too.

I just think if your goal is to play professional sports I would be smarter to avoid playing in a major city. If you’re getting great coaching and can play with great talent, the best shot at a pro career would be to go to a to a small college town with far less distractions so you can focus.

Advertisement
Call me jaded. But I’m not buying the crying over a coach leaving. Cj had his db coach leave right after he signed with the gates and even Bandy trolled him for it on Twitter.
Then there was the rumor of someone close to him passing away.
Someone is telling the truth or refusing to tell it. That kid was balling on national tv and his signing was a **** circus show. Should’ve just stayed committed.

Kids in the 80s were wired differently and were tougher mentally than kids are now. And what you’re describing is just how it was in many places in America, sir and not just major cities. That’s just coke and crack era rules and behaviors you’re describing. I’m in my late 40s...I was there.

I think you’re underestimating the power social media has on kids and young adults. Addictive properties like as narcotics, but distracting with impacts to personality traits. All kinds of interesting research is starting to come out. And it’s exacerbated by playing in a major city.

You don’t think it’s interesting that Miami, USC and schools in major cities produce far less pros and aren’t as competitive during the social media era. Sure, bad coaching has a lot to do with it, but I think there is some correlation with social media and the trappings of playing in a major city too.

I just think if your goal is to play professional sports I would be smarter to avoid playing in a major city. If you’re getting great coaching and can play with great talent, the best shot at a pro career would be to go to a to a small college town with far less distractions so you can focus.
Usc and Miami don't produce cause the sec has been playing an illegal game and bagging the fck out of sofla and the ie and SoCal while the ncaa and emmert look the other way. Sht ain’t got nothing to do with social media. Jeudy was going first round even if he played at fau. Social media is international and makes the world smaller.
why do you think everyone and their momma was shaking in their boots when the rumors of urban to usc came out? We put 3 stars in the league despite all our “distractions”.

Advertisement

Our recruiting department should hire you to promote our program

So if we just moved the school to Fort Drum, we could avoid those distractions, get better recruits, and have room for an on campus stadium.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back