Regime Change

GaCane1213

Junior
Can someone explain why any coach from Golden's staff should be retained? Do you fear that we can't get better? Are you fearful of the "ties to the community"? What is it? Because they all need to be gone.

Advertisement
I felt they all should be gone also but after thinking about the overall picture KB and Scott should stay that both are very Good Position Coaches and KB is young and still learning and could really turn the corner as a coach under CMR like the incoming young coach in Thomas Brown these young athletes into world relay's well to these younger coaches.

Advertisement
Well beard and scott are legit coches imo, scott has a great track record of TEs performing, and we have seen a improvement of the wideouts this year outside of yesterday, both are also great recruiters, everyone else can kick rocks

I only care about 2 coaches.
Scott, i feel strongly is the best we can reasonably expect in terms of a TE coach in terms of development. We don't need a Tim Brewster who just recruits and gives false impressions of a good TE. If Richt can find a better TE COACH (I.E. not recruiter) than Larry Scott, then I won't be mad. But if he really wants to settle for someone else who doesn't live up to the billing then it doesn't help. I want the best coaches at all positions if possible, and changing his way of thinking shouldn't be hard. He spent 8 years at USF, 3 at Miami, highly doubt his whole train of thought is based off of what Golden tried to give his coaching staff.

Same for Kevin Beard.
He spent 2 years on staff, 1 as a position coach. Save Rashawn Scott's nightmare performance yesterday (which is all mental on the players end because the fundamentals got him open in the first place), Beard has proven to teach these WR's what they have to do to win against the DB over 80% of the time. I don't remember the last time we got a cover sack or Kaaya had to dump it off because a WR couldn't get open. Outside of the 4th and long yesterday in an obvious passing situation where WSU played a 7 man zone.

I saw a bunch of WR's...Emmanuel Green, Trevon Grimes, and another guy from IMG Academy who isn't as highly though of...They were sharing that Kevin Beard Mic'd up video and gloating about how many times they watched it.

But anyways, like with Scott...If we can do better in terms of an actual coach and not recruiter, then I won't mind losing him.

Don't let the door hit your asses on the way out. Also if Sam Bruce wants to de-commit because of Beard not being retained. Bye bye Sam. Go join your pal Jordan, he's having a wonderful time.

Advertisement
You want to keep beard bc a bunch of kids get hyped after watching some run of the mill instructional session on video? Jeez.

I say keep those 2 they are good coaches with great character and if there not doing there job within a year or so cut them but i think beard and Scott earned the right to be on the next staff

I say keep those 2 they are good coaches with great character and if there not doing there job within a year or so cut them but i think beard and Scott earned the right to be on the next staff

How have they earned the right?

Advertisement
Back