Reggie Wilkerson?

Advertisement
Advertisement
[TWEET]841662612991574016[/TWEET]
If it'll help us with Tyreke, then yes...

Last edited:
Man Reggie trash man he never was good like that he got on cause of Troy them I'd rather him play for Alabama state than this U I'm sorry I love my 352 ballers but I won't lie about someone's talent and he's not that great hence why he didn't get any of the big three offers

Advertisement
Man Reggie trash man ������ he never was good like that he got on cause of Troy them I'd rather him play for Alabama state than this U I'm sorry I love my 352 ballers but I won't lie about someone's talent and he's not that great hence why he didn't get any of the big three offers

Your joking right ? Had offers from a lot of big schools and you see what rumph accomplished this year right . Build the future one year rumph develops him and word of mouth will spread . Colbert was one of our biggest recruiters

Reggie and Brice Ramsey both **** good Dawgs transferring in order for more playing time. Both stayed out of trouble and contributed on special teams and whatever was asked of them.

If space available Reggie would be asset on ST and in locker room, and if would help with Tyreke

Wouldn't be my first choice for a grad transfer safety, but i do like the Tyreke connection. Worth keeping a tab on, hope a S with more field experience becomes available.

Advertisement
We don't have scholarships to wAste

If he's a graduate transfer, he wont be wasting anyone's schollie. He gone before 2018 class gets here.

counts as an initial counter and would decrease the available EE's for the 2018 class to count against the 2017 class by 1.

Once again, a partially incorrect assessment of how grad transfers and initial counters interact. It's nothing personal, it's just that some people look at one rule and ignore another rule.

First, there has not been one person who has yet proven that we have any room to "count backwards", since most people ignore the fact that we lost 9 initial counters during probation. Some people just look at the number of signings and assume we can count backwards as if we intentionally undersigned. We did not.

Second, people ignore one of the best rules, "the midyear replacement rule", where a January enrollee can essentially replace a December graduate without counting as another "initial counter". That rule is supposed to "reward" schools that graduate kids early, but it can only be used if we are at 85 scholarships.

If we stay below 85 scholarships because we are trying to provide for "one more" initial counter in the next year, we can't use the "midyear replacement rule" at all. For instance, we might have 3 players who graduate in December, and we could "replace" them with 3 January enrollees, but if we are not at 85 scholarship players, then we can't use the rule.

We can go around and around about this forever, but it seems like Richt is going to do everything he can to get to 85 players by taking transfers AND grad transfers, regardless of trying to game the IC rules to go over 25 signees. All indications are that we will only go over 25 when we have midyear graduates. Getting back to a hardcore group of 85 (i.e., mostly HS signees, not a ton of transfers/grad-transfers) is going to require solid retention of Richt signees.

There's no magic of "prior year undersigning" to save us. We lost 9 scholarships AND 9 IC spots. The rules incentivize being at 85 scholarships, not staying underneath to try to attain the Holy Grail of a 30 person signing class. If we need grad transfers to get to 85, Richt is going to do it, he's going to focus on getting guys to graduate in December in order to exceed 25 signees, not saving scholarships for a whole year and remaining below 85.

i literally just had this exact same conversation with you like a month ago. i dont have the motivation to have it again but,

first, we didnt lose any initial counters during probation. only 9 total within a 3 year span under the 85 limit. the 25/year limit was not affected.

second, there is no rule that allows you to not count an incoming player as an initial counter except for maybe some rule you've misinterpreted.

most importantly, if we add any grad transfers, they will come in the summer and not back in january, so literally nothing of what you wrote is relevant to what i wrote and you responded to by calling it incorrect.

IF we add a grad transfer before the 2017 season, that player will count as an initial counter towards the 2017 class, and that will limit our ability to add EE's that can count towards the 2017 class in the 2018 class.

IF we need to get to 85 by December 2017 in order to activate the midyear replacement rule, that can be done(as it always is) by awarding walk-ons(that will be graduating in december) scholarships. these players count against the 85, but do not count as initial counters so long as they have been on campus for more than 2 years before being awarded their scholarship.

Advertisement
i literally just had this exact same conversation with you like a month ago. i dont have the motivation to have it again but,

first, we didnt lose any initial counters during probation. only 9 total within a 3 year span under the 85 limit. the 25/year limit was not affected.

second, there is no rule that allows you to not count an incoming player as an initial counter except for maybe some rule you've misinterpreted.

most importantly, if we add any grad transfers, they will come in the summer and not back in january, so literally nothing of what you wrote is relevant to what i wrote and you responded to by calling it incorrect.

IF we add a grad transfer before the 2017 season, that player will count as an initial counter towards the 2017 class, and that will limit our ability to add EE's that can count towards the 2017 class in the 2018 class.

IF we need to get to 85 by December 2017 in order to activate the midyear replacement rule, that can be done(as it always is) by awarding walk-ons(that will be graduating in december) scholarships. these players count against the 85, but do not count as initial counters so long as they have been on campus for more than 2 years before being awarded their scholarship.

Yes, we absolutely lost 9 ICs during probation. EVERY team ALWAYS loses ICs when they lose scholarships. It's an automatic, otherwise you would simply be able to sign classes of 30 as soon as you get off probation.

Yes, we absolutely lost 9 ICs during probation. EVERY team ALWAYS loses ICs when they lose scholarships. It's an automatic, otherwise you would simply be able to sign classes of 30 as soon as you get off probation.

we did not lose any ICs. simply look at our class sizes during that period. it was widely discussed & reported on at the time, because of how light the actual scholarship penalties were.

or you can then go read the ncaa sanctions releases on boise st or penn st from recent times, and see that in the penn st case, they explicitly reduced the ICs whereas in our's & boise st's cases, they did not.

boise st:
Boise State cited for major violations | NCAA.com

miami:
Sanctions levied against Miami (Fla.) | NCAA.com

penn st:
NCAA imposes sanctions on Penn St. | NCAA.com
Explanation of Penn St. sanctions | NCAA.com

Advertisement
Back