Reggie Wayne Retiring

Advertisement
too bad he wasnt able to play in the 2001 season and win a ring, he was one of the main brick-layers for the foundation of the early 2000s dynasty

It will be interesting if he is considered in the top 15 his first year. Marvin Harrison will always be in his way and will always get the credit.

There could/should be a few from the 2G / deuce 1 class to become a HOF'ers. Those men excelled in the League because they were the hardest working really talented guys in an environment they created on their own. If you think about it that is a rare and admirable accomplishment.

Advertisement
One of the best ever. In his prime he and Peyton created art carving up secondaries. Straight HOF baby.

Advertisement
It will be interesting if he is considered in the top 15 his first year. Marvin Harrison will always be in his way and will always get the credit.

After Marvin got away w Murder (literally), Reggie still did his thing. He was Peyton's favorite target. He's got a SB ring, he's going in the HOF. One of the best of all time, and that's not just a Canes fan saying that...literally he's one of the best WR of all time and always did it w class.

I saw him play against my high school in the 504 (St. Augustine). BEST WR I've ever seen play HS in person. Was hyped when I found out he was going to The U. Wound up meeting him on the sideline of the Bayou Classic back in like 2005. Told him I was a die hard Cane, so much so that I was in the end zone at WVU where he caught 2 TD's in 2000. Was living in Illinois then and took fam on 10 hr drive to catch that game. My other 504 homeboy Ed Reed was also on that team. Ahhhh good times.

Advertisement
One of my favorites. Was a class act and great receiver and representative of the Canes!

Reggie Wayne is my co-pick as the best receiver of all time alone with Irvin. Actually you have 1a, 1b, & 1c. Wayne, Irvin & Johnson in no particular order. I remember getting on a plane and an alum was speaking to me and raving "About this Andre Johnson kid". Man was he not kidding! All 3 are in the hall and all possessed a rare balance of size, skill and speed. Wayne just made is look easy. How Antonio Brown got away I have no idea as he was was a Norland High alum like myself. Dwayne Bowe was another one from my school that got away. Norland guys like Duke Johnson & Randy Shannon(say what you want about him as a coach but great linebacker. He shouldn't have been a HC not at that time) remained loyal to The U.

Advertisement
Santana is my favorite cane of all time.... But everyone knows that during that time reggie was the best receiver on that team.... His routes and hands were sickening

Great career. Sucks that he is still only borderline HOF and if he gets in he will have to wait a while for sure.

Advertisement
Back