Reggie Johnson is a total and utter nonfactor...

Advertisement
The man can't get off the ground - slow and absolutely no explosion. Larkin set him up for 4-5 easy buckets. Gonna need him so hope he gets it together.

Advertisement
I could deal with a non-factor-- Reggie is a huge detriment to this team right now. Ill say it, we win this game going away if either Jekiri or Gamble took RJ's minutes.

this. he was so disappointing tonight. I'm not singling him out as the reason we lost, but he played like ****. 0-5 fg, 4 fouls, most of which were useless. Also the countless passes right thru his fat fingers. He seriously looks like **** and has ever since the injury.

I will then.

Advertisement
starting him was an awful decision. gamble should be the starter

I don't have a problem with starting him this game. I think Coach L wanted to get Reggie into the starting lineup to give both Johnson and the team a boost (in part to counter the boost that Duke got from having Kelly in the lineup). Obviously, it didn't work. I'd be surprised to see Reggie start again, other than for Senior Day.

Reggie had to have money on the game. He looked like that Amerson dude from NC state who clearly bet against his own team.

Something is up with Reggie, and I would love to know from him what the answer is. Rion too.

Brown has played the entire season in a haze. Good physical ability with zero actual basketball IQ. Been saying it for months, too, that you are going to need him to chip in with timely buckets here and there. He gave us absolutely nothing except missed jumpers. At least TMJ does his part and makes a few shots along with his good defending.

Reggie has lost a bunch of vertical leap and explosiveness, and it has crushed his post game. He was never a big leaper or anything, but there's a nominal amount of "oompf" that you need to have to separate yourself from inside defenders occasionally. Dudes who play him 1vs1 don't even jump any more, they know they can block his shot easily because he's never going over them in any significant manner.

And that said, we can still make a good Tournament run with one or both of these fellas playing poorly; it just completely shaves our margin for error down to nothing. Durand or Larkin have a bad game and we're donezo if Rion and Fat Boy continue to give no account of themselves.

lol @ people calling Reggie out of shape. He's a big boy - he's going to be tired at the end of games.
I've watched him run the floor this year and he gets up and down very well.

His misplays tonight were just a lack of focus. That and the fact that Larkin is too good for Reggie.
Ball was hitting his hands before Reggie even thought about a possible pass coming his way.

Just bench him and give him a wake up call.

Advertisement
He should be benched for the last 2 reg season games. He is utterly horrible. He is fat, stupid and slow. Ok I said it!!

Advertisement
I have never seen a bigger man play as soft as RJ did yesterday. You should own the blocks when you have a 50 lb size advantage. The kid doesn't even want to fight for position.

Let's cut the personal attacks on the guy.

He made the game winning play at NC State and came up big in that win at Florida State.

With that being said, he does not get a pass. His play has been horrible recently. Just horrible. My biggest problem with him though is settling for these jump hooks or fade aways. The guy is 50 pounds bigger than everyone and has a soft touch. He should be attacking down low and always going up strong.

From his body language he seems upset. I feel it personally hurts him that the team is playing so well and he isn't. He needs stop thinking about himself and think about the team and I think that will be the first step to him playing better.

Something is up with RJ since his injury no doubt. I echo the sentiments of some others that we need him & Brown to step up for UM to make a serious run in the tourney. Otherwise the rest of the team, especially Larkin, Kadji & Scott will have to ball-out for this team to reach the F4.

As people have discussed, the passes that he let go through his hands were horrible, and possibly cost us the game. To me, what's more concerning is his tentativeness with the ball. He's never had any lift, but he's generally been better about using his size to create space. Now, he pumps the ball multiple times, gets himself stuck under the basket, and rarely goes up strong with the ball. Because he doesn't have lift, he's going to get shots blocked sometimes, but I'd much rather see him getting his shot blocked when going up strong then trying to pump fake his way to baskets. With his size, if he goes strong, it's usually going to create contact, and it forces the refs to at least make a decision. When he's tenative, refs are much less likely to call a foul with a guy his size shooting the ball fading away.

If Reggie gives us something in the tourney (8 pts, 5 boards game), that may be enough to make a serious run with the way the other guys are playing. If he keeps playing like this, we're going to need Gamble to give us a couple additonal baskets.

Advertisement
Back