Reggie James Walk-On?

dukemv

Sophomore
First thread guys. Grew up watching the Canes in the late 90s-early 00s, and I've been a fan ever since. Glad we have something to cheer about again.

This is my first year following recruiting, and I'm glad I started. Today was awesome, and it looks like we'll have a top 5 class, which is exactly what we need. But, I was curious: does anybody know about this Reggie James kid out of GA? Apparently he might be a walk-on for us, and he seems to be an exact replica of Clay Matthews.

Advertisement
First thread guys. Grew up watching the Canes in the late 90s-early 00s, and I've been a fan ever since. Glad we have something to cheer about again.

This is my first year following recruiting, and I'm glad I started. Today was awesome, and it looks like we'll have a top 5 class, which is exactly what we need. But, I was curious: does anybody know about this Reggie James kid out of GA? Apparently he might be a walk-on for us, and he seems to be an exact replica of Clay Matthews.

Not bad.
Dude definitely likes to tag folks.

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3877139/5a08dd6a06629d0ee0e53804[/video]

Advertisement
If we getting kids like this to walk on, then we are REALLY close to being all the way back! This kid is a football player. Plug him in and let him go. I don’t know what position we’d end up having him play, FB, TE, DE, or MLB, but he’s definitely a special teams guy right now and IMO won’t be a “walk-on” for too long. He hits like a D1 scholarship player.

Some kids just want to be canes. If they have the grades, can play, and can help the team being on scout teams, and at practices, they’re part of the team and contribute to winning. If they’re actually good enough football players to get in football games on special teams, all the better. Either way, they’re still integral parts of the team, and every college team needs dozens of these guys.

You’ll see Rick talk about them from time to time. They’re the unsung heroes. God bless ‘em. Most of them get knocked around for little glory.

Nebraska in their glory years had dozens of walk-ons per year. Many of those turned out to be contributors and a few even became All-Americans and NFL guys.

the more talented walk-ons you can bring in the better. It hurts absolutely nothing and who knows when one of them coudld become the next Cane All-American

Advertisement
Reggie doesn't look like I thought he would. How is the comp he's playing against? Dude lays the wood. Has good ball skills. Good fit for Manny's defense.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
With the right coaching kid looks like he'd be a pretty good Mike.

Hits holes hard, blows up the FB and makes the tackle. Good size and instinct. Decent enough speed for Linebacker.

Nebraska in their glory years had dozens of walk-ons per year. Many of those turned out to be contributors and a few even became All-Americans and NFL guys.

the more talented walk-ons you can bring in the better. It hurts absolutely nothing and who knows when one of them coudld become the next Cane All-American
Yes but Nebraska has always had very low tuition,no big deal for them to have 30-40 walk ons!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back