Refs & Homefield disadvantage

DeadPoets

Senior
Bullsh!t spots, bullsh!t holds, another offsides call on kickoff, celebration penalties.

We officially have the worst home-field advantage in the country.
I watch SEC games and refs wouldn't even THINK about calling celebration penalties on the home team after TDs.

Advertisement
The worst calls for me weren't even mentioned in the OP!! For the majority of the 1st half GT has the left side of their OL jumping early **** near every play. I mean it was obvious and not one false start was called. Idk if they got gassed after awhile but they stopped doing it in the 2nd quarter but it happened quite a few times before that.

Advertisement
I thought Antonio Crawford came off the sidelines for the celebration. Not sure though. The spots were awful though. And the lack of calls on false starts on GATech.

definitely some questionable calls on the spotting, but they could have called back hurns td if they were being really nitpicky, dorsett got away with a small hold there outside the dbs numbers which usually is called. I think the ref realized it didn't have too much to do with the play so he didn't throw the flag but thats one call I was thankful they made correctly

The spots were bad, and you can't tell me GT runs the ball 50 times and doesn't get called for holding. EVER. No one is going to convince me Paul Johnson is the best coach in the nation, and has done such an amazing job at teaching his OL not to hold.

Advertisement
I hate the refs in ACC. If you don't think there's a bias, you're just not paying attention.

The worst calls for me weren't even mentioned in the OP!! For the majority of the 1st half GT has the left side of their OL jumping early **** near every play. I mean it was obvious and not one false start was called. Idk if they got gassed after awhile but they stopped doing it in the 2nd quarter but it happened quite a few times before that.

Saw the same thing.

Saw the same thing.

I almost blew an artery screaming about that ****....think the refs or someone said something though because it stopped.

I was thinking that I was just biased on the 100 false starts that GT had that went uncalled. But I guess you guys saw it too. It also stood out that they had no holding penalties.

You know what else stood out? I don't know if you guys saw it, but at some point in the 4th quarter a GT player clearly punched McDermott in the head right in front of the scumbag official, and he didn't call it. It was plain as day a vicious straight right hand to the head, and the scumbag just ignored it.

Advertisement
Some fishy spots for sure..

....loading!

Thanks for the gif that was the two most notable placement calls... plus the mentioned non holding calls and non chop blocks... They should be good for atleast one a game... was their only penalty the false start in the fourth?

I was thinking that I was just biased on the 100 false starts that GT had that went uncalled. But I guess you guys saw it too. It also stood out that they had no holding penalties.

You know what else stood out? I don't know if you guys saw it, but at some point in the 4th quarter a GT player clearly punched McDermott in the head right in front of the scumbag official, and he didn't call it. It was plain as day a vicious straight right hand to the head, and the scumbag just ignored it.

I saw that punch the ref just ran over and talked to the guy. I mentioned it in the game day thread. Smh......

Advertisement
All this talk about player safety they need to seriously do something about them dang chop blocks that stuff is dangerous

That was single handedly the worst officiated game I have seen in a long time

I don't think GT was called for one offensive penalty that wasn't a dead-ball foul. Nothing?

The spots were bad, and you can't tell me GT runs the ball 50 times and doesn't get called for holding. EVER. No one is going to convince me Paul Johnson is the best coach in the nation, and has done such an amazing job at teaching his OL not to hold.

Tough to hold when you're diving at the knees of the man in front of you every down...

Advertisement
Back