Reflections on 2017

mianjomar

Junior
Recruiting - Best class in 15 years. Most committed early and stuck. That's huge. We have the luxury with this staff of giving credibility to early commitments. Not buying that NSD was a disaster. Not good but a lot of the misses were never hads. We just misread the signs which were mixed.
Record- ten wins, Division champs, ACC title game. We met pre-season expections. Losing to Pitt and Wisconsin was the biggest negative of the year. Who knows why. it seems like every body had us figured out after the ND game.
Stadium - This was the year that the Orange Bowl hangover began to go away. Hard Rock is a great venue.
Crowds- VT and ND set the standard. Equal in every way to the crowds of the glory years.

Summary- Heading in the right direction but hate it that we didn't finish well either in games and recruiting.

Advertisement
I consider us an 11 win team - no way we lose to Ark State lmao.

11-3, 13th in the country. Beat FSU, VT, and ND. ACC Coastal, literally 1 game from the playoffs. 7th ranked recruiting class. I didn't mind the losses to Pitt and Clemson...those were expected given how beat up we were. All with a baseball player masquerading as a QB who by his own admission didn't watch film last year.

We're trending higher and the future looks bright. We'll probably stay level next year, finish 10-3 or so, but in 2019, WATCH OUT.

I keep forgetting we didn’t have Walton, Richards, and Herndon on O or D Jax and Young in the bowl game on Def. I think we would’ve finished stronger had we had those guys.

Most exciting year since since the horror of osu theft. Like any great high, the crash was painful. Same with the recruiting class. Early period was friggijn great but the cherries came up short. 2917 was great but over.

We are Canes and tempered expectations are not in our DNA. We are all or nothing types. NSD is wearing off me and I am looking forward to playoff spot this year. We have a couple little pieces of crap boys who need the crap kick out of them by the men who came to The U.

We shouldn't forget how many starters we had out, but that Pitt game was about execution. Our subs were still better than Pitt's starters. If Rosier had made a few (easy) throws, we would have limped out of there with a win. Same with the D...a play or two could have made the difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back