Referee's

S

selectsix

How obvious was it that they wanted Duke to win the game today as we were playing in the heart of ACC country. Worst past was that it wasn't even Ron Cherry's crew.......:ohlord:

Advertisement
Supposedly, they are only supposed to overturn the call on the field if there is indisputable video evidence. I think some of these ACC booth review guys need to look up the word indisputable in the dictionary.

They're to busy depositing their checks.

That was the worst reviewing of call I have ever seen. All the calls against UM were reversing a call so it had to be overturned not just stands. Duke's TD pass, Tracy Howard's hit that caused the fumble that wasn't, it was unreal. I was on the endzone side where Duke scored their last TD and it must have been 12 plays they were given. Only one I could possible agree with was the roughing the passer by Perryman. The only good news is it took them forever to get that score and it took a lot of time off the clock.

BTW just to watch Duke in person and to see Mike James get that long score coming right at us made the whole day worth while.

Advertisement
ACC refs have been the worst I've seen. Their bias towards Carolina, Duke, & Virginia is very evident.

Advertisement
We get it 'cause we just take it. Been that way since Coker would clap over bad calls in the Fiesta Bowl. Way too passive.

I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool when they over turned dukes td pass. That was the clearest catch I've seen.

I lost my **** mind on the Duke pass overturn. My dog ran away and hid. My wife rolled her eyes. Were we not involved in a game this year with referees who got suspended due to their ineptness? This was equally atrocious. An evenly called game, and we win 65-30.

Advertisement
The jump pass they took away drove me nuts.

That should've ended the game.

EVERY single big call kept Duke in it. They were on the brink of getting blown out the entire second half.

Never in my life have I longed for a Ron Cherry crew over that crew. Golden should do something about this.

Let me see what calls I can remember:
Waters incompletion - Ruled a catch on the field, close call, should have remained what was called on field.
Fentress off sides on kickoff - I watched it one more time and if he was off sides it was by a millisecond. That call could be made on 50% of all kickoffs yet it is not.
Howard forced fumble - Ruled a fumble on the field, this one in my opinion was not as close a call as Waters, yet over ruled. Golden was livid and rightfully so.
McGee holding on 3rd and long - Slightly grabbed the jersey. If you want to make that call then the game would never end due to defensive holding penalties. Ticky tack call that eventually resulted in a TD instead of a punt.
Rodgers PI in end zone - I watched the play once more. It was perfect coverage. Rodgers did not make contact until after the ball went over both players heads. Terrible call.
Vernon non call on Howard - worse thing about that call is the ref was standing right next to them. Blatant PI.
DP roughing passer - terrible call. The announcers said he should have held up. I strongly disagree. DP made initial contact just as the QB finished his follow through. No way he could hold up going that fast. That flag was more a reaction to the QB almost getting killed versus a late hit. A defensive player should not be penalized for making a perfect form tackle that ends of being a violent hit.
Walford incompletion - Well what more can I say. The rules say that the ball can touch the ground if it is secured before hitting the ground. That is exactly what happened. Was the replay official not aware of this rule?

Really ****es me off that these players work their butts off full time just to have these part time a$$ clowns come in and try to throw their weight around just because (a) they have black and white on and (b) they have a clear bias against Miami. This crap really should stop. This brought back memories of the Fiasco bowl that still bother me to this day. Fortunately Golden has this team mentally tough enough to overcome so of this crap.

Advertisement
I don't think there was some anti-Miami conspiracy masterminded by Tobacco Road referees.

Just some bad calls. If every fan base in the country didn't claim biased referees at least one game this season, people wouldn't have broken noses from the massive face palms they induce.

That Herb Waters play was bang bang like that Hurns fumble was last year against FSU, were the refs biased there too?

It's a mistake to view the big picture with things like these.

did Golden get asked about the calls? not that it matters, just wondering what he said, if anything

Advertisement
Back