Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Imagine being a fan - and especially an alum if you are one - and viewing this as a negative, like you are trying to portray this as. But hey I'm sure you were just being objective here and not a mope, right lol.

Imagine giving an experienced coach unprecedented resources and pay, then making every excuse for that coach having a significantly worse record than the inexperienced one you just fired….

Figured he deserved his own thread. Is he a plan A option at quarterback? Probably not….but people are evaluating him exclusively on where he plays, which is ridiculous.

I’ll beat the the drum for him to at least get a look by Mario and the rest of the staff, especially if we keep striking out on guys like Ward and Howard.

The dude is an absolute stud — led UAlbany to their best season in school history. With a better OL, his numbers would have been even crazier. Watch his tape below:

I mean, he has big arms.

It's a lot more than that.

Go to a UM practice run by Manny. Then go to a UM practice run by Mario. Night and day.

I realize Mario still needs to win more on gameday, but to act like "being an alum" is the only factor is just incorrect.

IMG_1168.gif

Advertisement
no look, I absolutely get that. I was being a bit facetious with the comment.

Manny was an absolute joke…but, it doesn’t excuse the simple fact that like you said, winning games is ultimately all that matters. Manny was replaced due to a lack of success on the field, just like Shannon and Golden were. The expectation should be (in Year 3) to win 9 games after having ample time to flip a roster…especially when the portal is at your disposal and your recruiting is top notch. Year 4 should be gunning for a Top 15 push with a shot at the expanded playoff.

Even if we’re going the long route of focusing on HS kids, the portal should be adequately used as a band-aid of sorts, plucking elite kids to shore up weaknesses while the HS guys continue to mature and develop.

Obviously he’s not going anywhere before that five year mark minimum, but to settle and just be ok with that IN THE EVENT he flops in Y3 and Y4…seems wrong when examining the college football landscape.

(which again, I just want to make clear I don’t think will happen, starting with this year as I expect to go 9-3 provided we figure out the QB, WR and DB situations).

“Any competent coach…”

2024 is a 10 win schedule…

Now is the time! Let’s go!!!

So we go from Ward 1a and Howard 1a to possibly Reese Poffgarbage from UAlbany?

Bruh....this joke is on Mario 100%
I believe we're competing with Cincinnati and Western Kentucky for his services. Remember when Will Rogers and Kyle Mccord were not good enough?

Advertisement
If you want to use travel as a factor ok, I guess I could see that as a discussion point. But how could you just throw the whole game completely out for analysis because he had a long plane ride?
Because it’s a complete outlier to begin with. Everyone has horrible games. Its done in mathematics all the time.

But that time zone difference is huge! It has been proven in several scientific studies that traveling east to west affects your performance. That’s just from east coast to west coast. Imagine all the way to Hawaii?

It’s a huge disadvantage.

It’s even unhealthy at times.
Back in the 70’s the highest rate of heart attack by profession was traveling salesmen.
Airports were one of the first places to actually have AED’s available. In Chicagos O’hare they had 21 AED uses in the first 2 years they were available. And that’s just one airport.

It’s HAWAII AND MARSHALL! wtf? I gave u context w/ their stats.
The Marshall stats weren't awful. Obv the Hawaii game stats were. I'm just saying I would do my due diligence here and watch the game. SUNY Albany isn't a traditional fcs powerhouse, it's possible their OL was just completely outmatched. Or was he missing open receivers?

Why pick the games where they were playing a division up? Who do we play next year that is going to be dominating the lines like that? We probably win easily on the non qb talent level in most games next year.

The Marshall stats weren't awful. Obv the Hawaii game stats were. I'm just saying I would do my due diligence here and watch the game. SUNY Albany isn't a traditional fcs powerhouse, it's possible their OL was just completely outmatched. Or was he missing open receivers?

Why pick the games where they were playing a division up? Who do we play next year that is going to be dominating the lines like that? We probably win easily on the non qb talent level in most games next year.

Maybe u should re-read my ENTIRE POST vs. putting on a cape. I specifically said, the only reason y I knew who bro was…

U know what, ya’ll mofos do this EVERY FCKIN time & don’t learn ur lessons. It’s amazing, but then again again there’s a specific definition for insanity & CIS is definitely the asylum.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because it’s a complete outlier to begin with. Everyone has horrible games. Its done in mathematics all the time.

But that time zone difference is huge! It has been proven in several scientific studies that traveling east to west affects your performance. That’s just from east coast to west coast. Imagine all the way to Hawaii?

It’s a huge disadvantage.

It’s even unhealthy at times.
Back in the 70’s the highest rate of heart attack by profession was traveling salesmen.
Airports were one of the first places to actually have AED’s available. In Chicagos O’hare they had 21 AED uses in the first 2 years they were available. And that’s just one airport.
Im going to use this on my next business trip to Japan. Every freekin time those little ninjas somehow drink me under the table leading to a **** poor presentation the next day. Its the Time Zone difference! All this time I thought they were just freaks of nature

Advertisement
Fixed it.
Because mario is a proven coach that has won a P5 Championship, and NY Bowl and elite recruiter, and Miami Alum, Diaz was a 1st time HC who wasn't getting **** done, and didn't set us up for long term success like mario is. Quite simple.

It's a lot more than that.

Go to a UM practice run by Manny. Then go to a UM practice run by Mario. Night and day.

I realize Mario still needs to win more on gameday, but to act like "being an alum" is the only factor is just incorrect.
How about the games?

Imagine being a fan - and especially an alum if you are one - and viewing this as a negative, like you are trying to portray this as. But hey I'm sure you were just being objective here and not a mope, right lol.
Imagine laying on the bed upside down, having Mario’s Sch-long so far down your esophagus that his balls cover up your vision on game day as you refute any negativity that can possibly come his way.

7-6, the new old new old new same Miami.

Just watched the 1st quarter. Albany is horrible.
Also, Flying from New York to Hawaii to play a game is not optimal to say the least.
A home game would’ve been more of an actual glimpse at what he could to imo.

Jet lag and travel time is an undervalued metric. I think someone did an nfl analysis of west coast teams playing at 1pm at Dolphins and it was pretty glaring against the spread as well as the opposite travel direction.
Now you’re adding an entire 4 hrs flight west of California on top of that.

I would throw that game completely out when it comes to analysis.
Again not saying this is our savior at qb. But just don’t include that game imo.

All factors i agree

I can’t quite throw it all the way out though

Imagine laying on the bed upside down, having Mario’s Sch-long so far down your esophagus that his balls cover up your vision on game day as you refute any negativity that can possibly come his way.

7-6, the new old new old new same Miami.
I know to you your little pea brain, you cant possibly comprehend the difference between slurping and just not making **** up or ignoring facts, but it’s possible. You’re the one literally ignoring the actual resume of the coach in order to fit your BS narrative that the ONLY reason - and even worse saying it’s negative one - is that he’s a Miami alum. Again I can’t imagine being a fan of a school and actually disliking that aspect of a coach. But hey you mopes find a way! Actually it makes perfect sense why you mopes run with that and are now supporting Diaz more, cause Diaz is an FSU alum, and most yall idiots cheer for them more than us. lol. It’s sad but true.

I refute some of/potentially most of what YOU view as negative. I have my own negative points regarding Mario and they have been the same. I just also don’t ***** and moan and put everything on him. I also have a long term view for the direction of this program, while you are only looking for short term results and don’t care about anything else.

And lastly I know that *****ing and moaning isnt gunna make us good. And I know Mario will get Minimum 5 years here. And I also agree he deserves longer than Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back