Reese Poffenbarger (UAlbany QB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheming and OC is very important in college. To me, the most important in the sense that you can compete with decent talent.

Very few teams are able to get the talent you need everywhere.

NFL example - Just look at my Eagles - talent everywhere on offense. Basically the same personnel and new OC who couldn’t scheme as good as the previous guy in Steichen (now head coach at Indy). That’s in the NFL where it’s harder than college.
True, but no one wins big, or wins 10+ consistently without top tier talent (TTT).

Advertisement
heath ledger joker GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I won't completely dismiss the player. In the past few years, we've seen Cam Ward come from Immaculate Word, Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist, Shedeur Sanders from Jackson State, Austin Reed from West Florida make big jumps to play division one football.

But from Albany to the University of Miami is a BIG jump.

Not opposed if we are bringing in two quarterbacks, but I'd struggle to understand how this coaching staff failed to address this with more, no matter what happened with Cam Ward.

Does it really matter the QB? As long as he can hand it off to the RB, we’re good.

Advertisement
I won't completely dismiss the player. In the past few years, we've seen Cam Ward come from Immaculate Word, Bailey Zappe from Houston Baptist, Shedeur Sanders from Jackson State, Austin Reed from West Florida make big jumps to play division one football.

But from Albany to the University of Miami is a BIG jump.

Not opposed if we are bringing in two quarterbacks, but I'd struggle to understand how this coaching staff failed to address this with more, no matter what happened with Cam Ward.
Not just the jump from Albany to Miami, but he also started out at Old Dominion and transferred down to Albany.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back