Reed's Influence?

Advertisement
I think it helps a great deal. In the video archives, Ed Reed loved speaking to Cane teams. Al Golden seemed perplexed, or at the least uninterested. Accountability. It's awesome.

Having the Godfather helps a lot, too. Someone who has played the game and achieved things in this game kids dream about.

Yes I know Howard Schnellenberger is the true godfather, but I'd like to think he handed the reigns to Ed. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Success breeds success, but if we had Dan Enos calling plays, Butch Barry coaching up the o-line and N'Kosi Perry under center this fall—all the rah-rah in the world from Ed Reed wouldn't mean a **** thing.

He's a great addition and as on-brand as anyone the program could've hired, but the X's and O's, play calling and overall execution still have to be up to par.

Advertisement
Ed will also have a huge influence and help with the Clemson game. Helping to evaluate Trevor Lawrence. This is Ed’s specialty! Look back at his history in the league of mind ******* the best quarterbacks (Payton Manning and others) I believe Ed will be studying Trevor Lawrence game and will have our safeties and cornerbacks ready to go. We will see our db’s get an interception on Trevor Lawrence in this game. Mark my words.

Advertisement
The answer us yes to everything, it's a recipe with many different ingredients. And the executive chef is Manny Diaz and a lot of people need to own that.

I’M NOT SURE IF IT’S ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED BUT DID ANYONE SEE ED’S GUIDANCE TO AMARI CARTER AFTER THAT HUGE HIT AGAINST THE LOUISVILLE TE?!....ED AND AMARI TOOK A KNEE ON THE FIELD CLOSE BY WHERE THE TRAINERS WERE ATTENDING TO THE TE...AND WITH EDS ARM AROUND AMARI’S SHOULDER PADS, WAS INSTRUCTING AMARI THAT ONCE THAT TE GOT TO HIS FEET, WALK OVER THERE AND AND CK ON HIM YOURSELF...WHICH HE DID RESULTING IN BOTH PLAYERS GIVING EACH OTHER A QUICK HANDSHAKE AND PAT ON THE HELMET IN SPORTSMANSHIP.....AND DON’T THINK NFL SCOUTS DON’T EAT THAT KIND OF STUFF LIKE CANDY WHEN ITS TIME TO SIGN SOMEONE....MR. ED REED IS MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE WITH THIS TEAM AND PROGRAM....

Advertisement
At least for this week, he needs to sit in the film room with the DB's and point out tendencies and weaknesses of Clemsons offense.

He's is one of the best safeties in the NFL, ever. He IS the best college football safety we've ever had.

That is one **** of a thing to have on your staff, particulary when you're about to face the #1 QB in the country.

Advertisement
I’M NOT SURE IF IT’S ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED BUT DID ANYONE SEE ED’S GUIDANCE TO AMARI CARTER AFTER THAT HUGE HIT AGAINST THE LOUISVILLE TE?!....ED AND AMARI TOOK A KNEE ON THE FIELD CLOSE BY WHERE THE TRAINERS WERE ATTENDING TO THE TE...AND WITH EDS ARM AROUND AMARI’S SHOULDER PADS, WAS INSTRUCTING AMARI THAT ONCE THAT TE GOT TO HIS FEET, WALK OVER THERE AND AND CK ON HIM YOURSELF...WHICH HE DID RESULTING IN BOTH PLAYERS GIVING EACH OTHER A QUICK HANDSHAKE AND PAT ON THE HELMET IN SPORTSMANSHIP.....AND DON’T THINK NFL SCOUTS DON’T EAT THAT KIND OF STUFF LIKE CANDY WHEN ITS TIME TO SIGN SOMEONE....MR. ED REED IS MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE WITH THIS TEAM AND PROGRAM....
That's awesome, I didn't know that happened

AT THE 3:57 MARK IS WHERE AMARI LAYS THE LUMBER...4:50 MARK IS THE ED REED CONSULT AND HANDSHAKE BETWEEN BOTH PLAYERS

I would have to think that Reed has had some influence of Bolden's play... Bolden has been AA worthy so far...

JC
Bolden was awesome last year before he got hurt. Reed is responsible with helping Diaz see things that maybe a HC would not see and help get the program in the right direction. Miami is not back yet. Our QB room is not where we need to be. The Corner Back room is not where it needs to be. Over all team still building to where Clemson, Bama, UGA, OSU are today.

Advertisement
Back