Redwine draft and nfl potential

Advertisement
IMO at least a 5th rounder given he test well. Why? 'Cause I think he's got good game tapes from this past season, and he will show good athleticism at the combine.

Redwine is a staple in the transitional period between the old miami and #TNM. Classic Cane who brought swagger and leadership to a directionless program under the Richtheads.

With that being said, I’m going to predict where all of our beloved Canes get drafted and pro comparisons!

Gerald Willis - Round 2/Miami Dolphins
Comp -Grady Jarrett

Joe Jackson Round 2/ Atlanta Falcons
Comp- Danel Hunter

Jaquan Johnson Round 3/New England Patriots
Comp-Karl Joseph

Michael Jackson Round 3/ Seattle Seahawks
Comp- Antonio Cromartie

Sheldrick Redwine Round 4/ Washington Redskins
Comp- TJ Carrie

Tyree St Louis Round 5/ Arizona Cardinals
Comp- Joe Barksdale

Travis Homer Round 6/ San Francisco 49ers
Comp- Arian Foster

Darrell Langham Round 7/ Pittsburgh Steelers
Comp- Derek Moye

Big fan of Redwine, he will be another U player who will be better in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Redwine is a staple in the transitional period between the old miami and #TNM. Classic Cane who brought swagger and leadership to a directionless program under the Richtheads.

With that being said, I’m going to predict where all of our beloved Canes get drafted and pro comparisons!

Comp -Grady Jarrett

Comp- Danel Hunter

Comp-Karl Joseph

Comp- Antonio Cromartie

Comp- TJ Carrie

Comp- Joe Barksdale

Comp- Arian Foster

Comp- Derek Moye
You’re outta your mind with some of your comparisons. Homer ain’t no Arian foster and mike j has a long way to go to be Antonio cromartie.

Versatile player i think he will make a team he played corner to so think he will find a spot. Had a good sr year and like another poster said he did way more than Colbert ever did

Comp -Grady Jarrett

Comp- Danel Hunter

Comp-Karl Joseph

Comp- Antonio Cromartie

Comp- TJ Carrie

Comp- Joe Barksdale

Comp- Arian Foster

Comp- Derek Moye
Those are QUITE pro canes comparisons..

Redwine is a limited athletically safety, but smart and versatile, a team that uses big nickel could look for him, the problem is I don’t think he can play man against NFL WRs and idk how he would play near the LOS at the next level. I expect him to be picked in the 6th-7th range, but has a real chance to stick in the league if the team gives him a chance, all will depend on how well he plays on special teams early.

I think JJ ceiling is Pat Chung from the Patriots. Versatile, smart, good tackler, but undersized, limited athletically and has to play near the LOS. Probably 4th/5th round

Those are QUITE pro canes comparisons..

Redwine is a limited athletically safety, but smart and versatile, a team that uses big nickel could look for him, the problem is I don’t think he can play man against NFL WRs and idk how he would play near the LOS at the next level. I expect him to be picked in the 6th-7th range, but has a real chance to stick in the league if the team gives him a chance, all will depend on how well he plays on special teams early.

I think JJ ceiling is Pat Chung from the Patriots. Versatile, smart, good tackler, but undersized, limited athletically and has to play near the LOS. Probably 4th/5th round
Redwine is not really limited athletically , check his testing numbers at UM

Advertisement
Some will view Redwine as a safety, some will view him as a corner. I am intrigued to see what he runs in his agility drills, etc.

He will be tried at corner. That position is simply too valuable so you have to look at it first. NFL teams won't care about his college specifics. That 32 3/8 arm length is a prized commodity at cornerback. More and more teams are recognizing it. That alone will probably lead to Redwine being drafted higher than currently projected.

The Seahawks have made a living out of unheralded long armed defensive backs who test well. They have not drafted a cornerback with sub-32 inch arms in the Carroll/Schneider era.

And there'a a very good reason for that...every multiple first team All-Pro cornerback drafted since 1998 has had 32+ inch arms.

The Dolphins would be moronic to make Xavien Howard one of the highest paid cornerbacks in the league, given his subpar 31 1/4 arm length. The league average is 31.5. But the Dolphins tend to overlook analytics, etc., in favor of grinding out via flawed subjectivity. Perhaps the new regime will be more astute.

He will be tried at corner. That position is simply too valuable so you have to look at it first. NFL teams won't care about his college specifics. That 32 3/8 arm length is a prized commodity at cornerback. More and more teams are recognizing it. That alone will probably lead to Redwine being drafted higher than currently projected.

The Seahawks have made a living out of unheralded long armed defensive backs who test well. They have not drafted a cornerback with sub-32 inch arms in the Carroll/Schneider era.

And there'a a very good reason for that...every multiple first team All-Pro cornerback drafted since 1998 has had 32+ inch arms.

The Dolphins would be moronic to make Xavien Howard one of the highest paid cornerbacks in the league, given his subpar 31 1/4 arm length. The league average is 31.5. But the Dolphins tend to overlook analytics, etc., in favor of grinding out via flawed subjectivity. Perhaps the new regime will be more astute.

Now everyone is on to this. As well as the Seahawks draft tendency of selecting SPARQ freaks and high sigma athletes, especially on Day 3.

Long armed CBs, away from the All-Pro correlation...I'd wager an analysis proves that these players bust less and are far more serviceable for a longer period of time in the NFL than their T-Rex counterparts.

Some teams are going to love Redwine in the hybrid role that some teams employ in nickel spots, too.

I really think teams are going to love Redwine as a player.

I would not at all be surprised if he is actually our highest draft pick, honestly. I think yall are tripping thinking he's going later than the 6th round. I think he could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with: Sheldrick Redwine > Joe Jackson > Gerald Willis > Tyree St. Louis > Michael Jackson > Jaquan Johnson > Travis Homer ....as far as draft order goes.

Advertisement
You’re outta your mind with some of your comparisons. Homer ain’t no Arian foster and mike j has a long way to go to be Antonio cromartie.

Peep Travis Homer vs Arian Foster college stats... pretty **** similar...Foster went undrafted and got an opportunity so Homer already has a leg up because I believe he will be drafted.

Was not good his junior season...Took a nice step this season though. I could see hi in rd. 6-7.

Redwine is not really limited athletically , check his testing numbers at UM
Yeah I know, but he never seemed to play that fast or strong/violently on live viewing, but I'm not a scout or was looking too closely at him

He does check a lot of boxes. He's got a good size/speed combo and made plays in college. Someone will probably draft him to play corner with the fallback that he can always be a free safety. Maybe as high as the 4th round. Probably a bargain in the 5th.

I'm more curious about Jaquan. He's been a superior player in college but he's downright tiny for a safety. NFL teams can get a little too infatuated with size and his might scare off some teams.

Advertisement
Back