Recruits react to Gran news

JACANE

Recruit
On Tuesday morning, Noles247.com broke the news that Florida State associate head coach, special teams coordinator, and running backs coach Eddie Gran was expected to depart the program for another job. Alex Collins at South Plantation Collins is dealing with coaching turnover with two of his four favorites. That news has an impact on numerous major targets in Florida State’s 2013 recruiting class and 2014 recruiting class.

"I'm shocked,” Plantation (Fla.) South Plantation five-star running back Alex Collins said via text. “I didn't think he was leaving anywhere. I know he liked being at FSU and was solid with them. I understand the reason behind him leaving and it's good for him and his family, but it's just hard to believe that he's not going to be there and at another school. “It's just like when 'Coach B' (Bret Bielema) left Wisconsin,” Collins added. “I was shocked, but I understand it.” Collins, a former Miami commitment, is still considering a few schools. Does Florida State remain one of them“I'm still really interested in FSU, but right now, I'm just trying to take this in,” Collins said. “It's really surprising."

Collins added that he will make a final decision after he takes official visits to Florida and Miami. He said he will call the Florida State coaches tonight to discuss Coach Gran's departure and what their plan is going forward. While Collins is a target at the running back position, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Catholic four-star running back Ryan Green has been committed to the Seminoles for several months.

Noles247.com’s Josh Newberg spoke with Ryan Green's father this morning, Vader Green. He reported that Gran’s departure should not have a big impact on his son's decision. Sony Michel at American Heritage Michel has a very mature outlook on the departure of Gran. As for his son, Ryan Green, he has not heard the news. His father plans on telling him after school. The Green family will talk things over this evening, but initially Vader does not believe this will cause his son to part with his commitment. Vader stated that coaches come and go and he still thinks FSU is the right program for his son.

The impact at the running back position isn’t just felt in the 2013 class. Five-star junior running back Sony Michel of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage shared his thoughts on Gran’s expected departure. "These things happen all the time,” Michel said via text. “Congrats to Coach Gran for his next step. This won't change things for me with Florida State. They are still up there in my top list and I'm sure they will bring in a good coach."

Florida State also has a commitment from Miami (Fla.) Central four-star junior running back Joseph Yearby.
"Good for Coach Gran," Yearby said via text. "I'm curious where he ends up, but this won't change things with me and Florida State."
In addition to the running back position, Gran was also a strong recruiter for the Seminoles in South Florida. A pair of commitments shared their thoughts.
"Alot," Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna three-star cornerback Adrian Baker said when asked how Gran's departure impacts him.
"I don't know at this point, I really don't," Baker said via text when asked if he remained committed. "I didn't receive any heads up. First (Mark) Stoops and now him. The main two guys I built a relationship with." Baker officially visited Clemson last weekend. He will visit Oklahoma this weekend. He expects coaches from both of those schools to drop in on him on Wednesday. Plantation (Fla.) South Plantation athlete John Franklin also shared his thoughts. "I have a strong connection with 'Coach G' because he was my recruiter, but I'm really happy for him,” Franklin said via text. “I believe when there is a bigger opportunity, you have to take it and do what's best for you. I committed to FSU because it's where I want to be and it's the best opportunity for me."

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/FSU-commits-targets-react-to-Eddie-Grans-expected-departure-106189

Advertisement
Sony is going to Miami. So Gran isnt going to affect a **** thing

Honestly the only recruit this matters for is Collins.

Advertisement
franklin's just hoping he still has his ship. he ain't making any noise and that boy still firm no matter what. he isn't waffling or even giving the staff reason to think he's waffling.

Commit to the school, not the coach. Only one of them will be there your whole life.

On Tuesday morning, Noles247.com broke the news that Florida State associate head coach, special teams coordinator, and running backs coach Eddie Gran was expected to depart the program for another job. Alex Collins at South Plantation Collins is dealing with coaching turnover with two of his four favorites. That news has an impact on numerous major targets in Florida State’s 2013 recruiting class and 2014 recruiting class.

"I'm shocked,” Plantation (Fla.) South Plantation five-star running back Alex Collins said via text. “I didn't think he was leaving anywhere. I know he liked being at FSU and was solid with them. I understand the reason behind him leaving and it's good for him and his family, but it's just hard to believe that he's not going to be there and at another school. “It's just like when 'Coach B' (Bret Bielema) left Wisconsin,” Collins added. “I was shocked, but I understand it.” Collins, a former Miami commitment, is still considering a few schools. Does Florida State remain one of them“I'm still really interested in FSU, but right now, I'm just trying to take this in,” Collins said. “It's really surprising."

Collins added that he will make a final decision after he takes official visits to Florida and Miami. He said he will call the Florida State coaches tonight to discuss Coach Gran's departure and what their plan is going forward. While Collins is a target at the running back position, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Catholic four-star running back Ryan Green has been committed to the Seminoles for several months.

Noles247.com’s Josh Newberg spoke with Ryan Green's father this morning, Vader Green. He reported that Gran’s departure should not have a big impact on his son's decision. Sony Michel at American Heritage Michel has a very mature outlook on the departure of Gran. As for his son, Ryan Green, he has not heard the news. His father plans on telling him after school. The Green family will talk things over this evening, but initially Vader does not believe this will cause his son to part with his commitment. Vader stated that coaches come and go and he still thinks FSU is the right program for his son.

The impact at the running back position isn’t just felt in the 2013 class. Five-star junior running back Sony Michel of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage shared his thoughts on Gran’s expected departure. "These things happen all the time,” Michel said via text. “Congrats to Coach Gran for his next step. This won't change things for me with Florida State. They are still up there in my top list and I'm sure they will bring in a good coach."

Florida State also has a commitment from Miami (Fla.) Central four-star junior running back Joseph Yearby.
"Good for Coach Gran," Yearby said via text. "I'm curious where he ends up, but this won't change things with me and Florida State."
In addition to the running back position, Gran was also a strong recruiter for the Seminoles in South Florida. A pair of commitments shared their thoughts.
"Alot," Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna three-star cornerback Adrian Baker said when asked how Gran's departure impacts him.
"I don't know at this point, I really don't," Baker said via text when asked if he remained committed. "I didn't receive any heads up. First (Mark) Stoops and now him. The main two guys I built a relationship with." Baker officially visited Clemson last weekend. He will visit Oklahoma this weekend. He expects coaches from both of those schools to drop in on him on Wednesday. Plantation (Fla.) South Plantation athlete John Franklin also shared his thoughts. "I have a strong connection with 'Coach G' because he was my recruiter, but I'm really happy for him,” Franklin said via text. “I believe when there is a bigger opportunity, you have to take it and do what's best for you. I committed to FSU because it's where I want to be and it's the best opportunity for me."
http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/FSU-commits-targets-react-to-Eddie-Grans-expected-departure-106189

This ***** man. He talking like he got offers from other schools. FSU IS YOUR ONLY OFFER BRUH

This is why Collins will still be a Nole

Advertisement
98.jpg

Advertisement
F$U better get another bag man on Collins quick

Jimbo will drop off the dufflebag himself.

dufflebag? that CA$h better be in a Brinks truck now. price for hire just went up.

Arkansas St? Not even D1 and it's Arkansas State? Pretty safe to say no current verbals will follow him there.
Not exactly a football hotbed. Don't remember Arkansas State hitting US News top 100 academic schools except maybe in
chicken farming.
I actually hope FSWhoo pulls their **** together 'cause I want them and the Gators to be highly ranked next year when we
kick their asses all over the field.

Lost in all this is Eddie Gran was a recruiting machine. Whatever you may think of Green, Yearby, and Collins this guy was able to woo all of them. Remains to be seen what the actual fall out will be. I will say this, Golden will not let an opportunity go without really going after it.

dufflebag? that CA$h better be in a Brinks truck now. price for hire just went up.

Arkansas St? Not even D1 and it's Arkansas State? Pretty safe to say no current verbals will follow him there.
Not exactly a football hotbed. Don't remember Arkansas State hitting US News top 100 academic schools except maybe in
chicken farming.
I actually hope FSWhoo pulls their **** together 'cause I want them and the Gators to be highly ranked next year when we

Check it. Arkansas State is in D1, Sun Belt Conference, and won their conference last year.

Advertisement

chicken farming.

Check it. Arkansas State is in D1, Sun Belt Conference, and won their conference last year.

You are correct. Wrong again. I have never seen them play ever. And I guess I shouldn't have insinuated bad things about Arkansas.
I've been all over the world, but for some reason have neglected to visit the great state of Arkansas, and that jewel of a town, Jonesboro.

Advertisement
Back