Recruits React: Miami-FSU

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Canes played host to over 50 of the area’s top prospects at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday and the recruits were treated to a show, as Miami came back to beat the arch-rival Florida State Seminoles in thrilling fashion, scoring 21 unanswered points in the second half to down the Noles, 28-27. While an entire list of the attendees can be found here, we were able to catch up with a few of the players after the fact, and they shared their thoughts on the experience from their eyes.

Avery Huff, LB, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas) Miami Commit

“It was great. I loved how the team never gave up. I hung out with Sam Brooks. The fans were crazy. Some even started throwing stuff on the field 2 quarter."

Jahfari Harvey, DE, Vero Beach, FL (Vero Beach) Miami Commit

“It was great, the fans really showed out. I can’t wait until I can play in front of them. I mostly chopped it up with Damarius Good.”

Jarvis Brownlee, CB, Opa Locka, FL (Carol City) Miami Commit

“I really enjoyed it. The stadium was crazy, including the comeback. That’s what you call never giving up and keep fighting.”

Te'Cory Couch, CB, Hollywood, FL (Chaminade-Madonna) Miami Commit

“My experience was great on Saturday, never seen anything like it. I can’t wait to be a part of the U so I could witness it from a whole different perspective and actually be in the game.”

Jason Munoz, DT, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas) Miami Commit

“It was the best game I've ever been to. The atmosphere was crazy, the fans are incredible, and the comeback was absolutely insane. I can’t wait until next year when we beat the Gators!”

Mark-Antony Richards, ATH, West Palm Beach, FL (Wellington)

“I called it, I called the comeback win.”

TJ Jones, WR, Lake City, FL (Columbia)

“My experience was great! I had a fun time in the atmosphere. I chopped it up a little with Jeremiah Payton and Jarvis Brownlee, they were telling me about Miami. I also talked with coach (Ron) Dugans. I feel the same as I been feeling about Miami, still high.”

Kalani Norris, WR, Miami, FL (Columbus)

“It went great. The hospitality was great and the atmosphere was even better. It was overall a great experience.”

Marc Britt, WR, Opa Locka, FL (Carol City) Miami Commit

“It was amazing. Like I always say, they never give up, they keep fighting. That’s what a real rivalry game looks like. I can’t wait to be a part of that.”

Marcus Fleming, WR, Miami, FL (Miami Southridge) Miami Commit

“The visit went great. I got to bond with more commits.”

Jonathan Denis, OG, Homestead, FL (South Dade) Miami Commit

“The visit went great and the atmosphere was just amazing. I bonded with Big Baby, Laurence Seymore, and Sam Brooks.”

Elijah Roberts, DE, Miami, FL (Columbus) Miami Commit

“It was good to see the coaches again and witness greatness on the field. Great visit.”

Gregory Spann, QB, Saint Petersburg, FL (Lakewood)

“Great experience, hope to go back to visit again soon and see the campus. Definitely liking Miami more now.”

Derek Wingo, LB, Fort Lauderdale, FL (St. Thomas)

“The biggest thing was they stayed confident and they kept going all 4 quarters. The stadium was fired up. UM has always been up there in my top schools."

Jose Mirabal, OG, Homestead, FL (South Dade)

“Great experience at the game. I was at the edge of my seat all game. Miami has always been among the top in my list.”

Jovens Janvier, OG, Miami, FL (Miami Central)

“Oh, it was great man, like I really loved it, great fans and all. It really moved Miami up in my mind and coach Stacy (Searels) was talking about offering me.”

Westley Neal, DT, Miami, FL (Gulliver Prep)

“It was so much fun, I never seen the stadium that loud and hyped and it got even more hyped when Miami started to come back. I love to go and watch the games, I enjoy myself watching them.”

Laurence Seymore, OG, Miami, FL (Miami Central) Miami Commit

“The visit was awesome, it was a crazy atmosphere. I mostly talked with Jon Denis. I just can’t wait to I get there and show off.”

Donell Harris, DE, Miami, FL (Booker T. Washington) Miami Commit

“The visit was great and the atmosphere was very exciting.”

Marcus Tate, OT, Fort Lauderdale, FL (University School)

“It was amazing. The atmosphere was phenomenal, the game even got me out my seat. Very exciting. I had a talk with Kingsley (Eguakun), I sat by Donell Harris during the second half, so just got to hang with the other recruits. It was fun.”

Carlos Del Rio, QB, Powder Spings, GA (McEachern)

“Aw man that game was crazy! That was one of the best games I’ve been to. I knew Jadon Haselwood, Javon Baker, and a couple other guys just from other schools. We really enjoyed it. I’ve got to say, UM ranks way up there on my list now.”

Corey Collier, CB, Miami, FL (Miami Palmetto)

“The game was very intense, me and my teammate Jason Marshall had a great time. We both loved how both teams went back and forth, can’t wait to go to another one. The game had me off my feet most of the game. It was a crazy game and I want to try and schedule a visit soon.”

Jason Marshall, CB, Miami, FL (Miami Palmetto)

“It was fun and I had a great time being around all the Miami fans cheering the team on as they made that comeback. Miami's always been in my top 5.”

Bryce Langston, DE, Ocala, FL (Vanguard)

“It was crazy. It moved Miami up for me.”

Advertisement
Neal is a DT we need to get in the '20 class.

He'll get his offer soon enough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back