Recruits Naming Their Top Choices

Advertisement
ITS ALWAYS RIDICULOUS...regardless of quarantine.

You think these jits deciding between 13 schools?. They know from the gate the 6 schools they legitimately would go to. Everything else is window dressing or ego pull. Half of the schools on their top list they cant even commit to.

Like for the proper spelling of "jit"

Advertisement
I'd be a smart@$$ and name a top 350. Sure, I'd have to do some research so I could name 350, but I'd do it.

Advertisement
Come on, bro...you don't get it.

They're just trying to "feel the love" from as many schools that are willing.

Why pick 5 when you can have 13?? Easy decision.

Come on, bro...you don't get it.

They're just trying to "feel the love" from as many schools that are willing.

Why pick 5 when you can have 13?? Easy decision.
That’s all they’re trying to do, don’t feed into egos of 16 and 17 year old divas who couldn’t care less about 99% of the schools out there.

That’s all they’re trying to do, don’t feed into egos of 16 and 17 year old divas who couldn’t care less about 99% of the schools out there.

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek. I too think it's ridiculous for these kids to "announce" a top 15, 13, 10, or whatever.

It's all an attention grab and I can't stand the "look at me" types of people. I think it's a ****** personality trait.

This is the type of behavior that coaches/families/recruiting sites/IG/Twitter feed into, so most of those 16-18 year olds are going to continue to do it.

It's all BS e-clout. They like the attention of the announcement. They like the followers on Twitter/IG. They like the "love."

These type of kids put out these huge top 15/12/10 lists because: (1) they think it makes them look fresh AF to have as many "serious offers" to "consider" out there; and (2) they know if they start with a bigger number, they can whittle down the list at least 1-2 more times with more list tweets/posts before their announcement tweet/post. It's all BS, but what can you do?

Advertisement
Still waiting for a kid with some originality whose highly ranked to put out a top list and somehow have an edit/graphic that includes every single D1 school, G5 too just to be a ****.

Still waiting for a kid with some originality whose highly ranked to put out a top list and somehow have an edit/graphic that includes every single D1 school, G5 too just to be a ****.
That would be entertaining, but I would be more intrigued by a recruit who put out a graphic listing his top-10 made up of schools he doesn’t have offers from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back