Recruitment of Kenny McIntosh--were we ever really in it?

I also was unaware that saban's coach in 1972 was Don James. miami fl qb 1951-1953
Just found a 1959 FSU-UM game program online. James was an FSU assistant at the time. Incidentally, DaytonaCane's late husband Doug Davis was the starting fullback for UM. A-A Fran Curci was the QB and in front of him future All-World center Jim Otto anchored the line.

We had more Jax guys on the roster than FSU: Doug, Charlie Linning and future Vanderbilt HC George McIntyre.

I'll try to post a link later.

Incidentally, FSU HC Perry Moss (later a well-known pro coach, particularly, I think, in the CFL) was a former Miami assistant ('55-'57) and FSU assistant Ken Shipp was a future Miami assistant in the mid-'60's. He later became notorious, as Jets interim HC, for benching Joe Namath for a game.

The players were much smaller then. Curci was in the 150's. Many linemen barely topped 200; some were under 200. A 210 pound offensive tackle was not that unusual. Jim Otto was a decent-sized starter at 210. He got up to about 250 or so with the Raiders. Otto, as you probably know, had so many knee and leg injuries and surgeries that his leg was finally amputated some years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He wasn't a 4.8 RB. Just like Hodges isn't a 4.89 DB for us this year. People take one timed 40 without context as gospel and then run with it. People need to use more critical thinking around here.

But if he ran a 4.4 we would tout it.

Look he wasnt/isnt a blazer. His film showed that, **** none of his older siblings are/were blazers.
His value is he has soft hands...and plus size. He had more upside on defense..i never wanted him here at rb.

Hodges likely is that time with not much speed training..his trackt imes show it as well. His film doesnt show him as a burner either.

But if he ran a 4.4 we would tout it.

Look he wasnt/isnt a blazer. His film showed that, **** none of his older siblings are/were blazers.
His value is he has soft hands...and plus size. He had more upside on defense..i never wanted him here at rb.

Hodges likely is that time with not much speed training..his trackt imes show it as well. His film doesnt show him as a burner either.

This is pure comedy. Somehow you went from 4.8 to 4.4 as some sort of timing comparison. But I do appreciate the Wednesday humor. Truly, thanks.

And thankfully you're cot a coach, he has great feet, elite balance and hands. But you go ahead, stick to your ridiculous narrative.

This is pure comedy. Somehow you went from 4.8 to 4.4 as some sort of timing comparison. But I do appreciate the Wednesday humor. Truly, thanks.

And thankfully you're cot a coach, he has great feet, elite balance and hands. But you go ahead, stick to your ridiculous narrative.

And he is Slow. Its considered not to look at that time because it was slow..but had it been a fast time you would of ran with it.

Hey but be my guess Mcintosh is a blazer. For us he had better upside on defense honestly...but he fits what uga does with the power o.

Advertisement
Back