Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
Check clemson rankings when they won and then get back to me... they weren’t signing 4 straight top 5 classes or nothing like that..

Like I've said before, you would have to hit on a QB. They're an exception to the rule. Care to point out another team?

Advertisement
Like I've said before, you would have to hit on a QB. They're an exception to the rule. Care to point out another team?
Oklahoma being in the final 4 this year with a top 15 talented team but not top5 the last 4 years, Washington the year before and Michigan state as well being in the playoffs

How long ago was that?

The rankings services have improved a bit. But only a bit. There are thousands of H.S. football players across the country. No way these "experts" get to thoroughly watch all the players. Additionally, it is very hard to judge a kid unless he's got the ball in his hands all the time. How the **** do you rank a WR whose team rarely passes?

I don't contest that on average you want the higher-ranked guys and the higher-ranked class. But there is just so much more to it than that. Treating the rankings as Gospel is an error. These so-called experts don't know ****.

Oklahoma being in the final 4 this year with a top 15 talented team but not top5 the last 4 years, Washington the year before and Michigan state as well being in the playoffs

Oklahoma- Baker Mayfield, best OL in CFB, Lincoln Riley at OC
Washington- Top 10 defense, #17 scoring offense
Michigan St- Top 10 in TO margin, top 10 in PPG, top 25 defense

Its like y'all are disregarding what I said. You have to either have a good QB and or elite offense/defense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The rankings services have improved a bit. But only a bit. There are thousands of H.S. football players across the country. No way these "experts" get to thoroughly watch all the players. Additionally, it is very hard to judge a kid unless he's got the ball in his hands all the time. How the **** do you rank a WR whose team rarely passes?

I don't contest that on average you want the higher-ranked guys and the higher-ranked class. But there is just so much more to it than that. Treating the rankings as Gospel is an error. These so-called experts don't know ****.
Agreed. These services don't get it right all of the time of course but they usually get the top players, or 5*, correct. I can imagine that there is much more that goes into it that I'll admit I have no ideal about.

Oklahoma- Baker Mayfield, best OL in CFB, Lincoln Riley at OC
Washington- Top 10 defense, #17 scoring offense
Michigan St- Top 10 in TO margin, top 10 in PPG, top 25 defense

Its like y'all are disregarding what I said. You have to either have a good QB and or elite offense/defense.

Or it’s like you’re going around and making up additional fake “rules” to support your own stupid argument.

Or it’s like you’re going around and making up additional fake “rules” to support your own stupid argument.
Additional? Go back to my initial post and tell me what else I'm adding.

Rankings aside, since that's a touchy subject, you have to be a top offense and or defense to compete. Can we at least agree on that?

Advertisement
Because its basically accepting that we'll be fine hovering around the top 5 hoping to be in contention, when history says otherwise, instead of actually being in the top 5. You're not contending with annual outside-top 5 classes unless you hit on a QB and or have an elite OC/DC.

The fact that you're saying "Let other teams recruit by stars" shows where your mindset is. I'm not a star who*e but I would rather follow the trend, NC teams have averaged over 50% blue chip ratio, than to be hoping that the staff only obtains the best players that fit the system.

"We both want the best players...I just don't believe thats always the guy with the most stars" Go back and look at how many 5* were the best players in CFB and in the NFL from 2010-2015.

This isn’t just wrong. Stars matter. The blue chip ratio matters. But you don’t have to be in the top 5 to qualify for the blue chip ratio. It’s when you start getting outside the top 10 that there’s an issue.

Agreed. These services don't get it right all of the time of course but they usually get the top players, or 5*, correct. I can imagine that there is much more that goes into it that I'll admit I have no ideal about.
Yup... its called money & favoritism...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back