Recruiting timeline question

Loafers

Sophomore
Purgatory
Just curious as to why it seems coaches come into the game so late for top kids. This is not a golden question, just an overall feeling. You read a lot of quotes from top recruits where they say school X has put on the full court press. Let's take the cook situation why wait until a few weeks before his commitment to really try and recruit him. Is this a strategy not to go early nd then lose steam? Are they trying hard all the time you just hear about it at the end? Just something I have always wondered about.

Advertisement
AG dont have all day to sit up and talk to cook. he has first and foremost a family, the players already on campus and around 200 other players he is recruiting at a given time from JUCOs, 2014,2015,2016, and maybe even 2017. the time he has now is because its bowl season and more time for recruiting.

but to answer your question you dont lose steam with players who you want and want to be here if he lose steam with a top 3 player on the rb list its a cook problem not AG problem. you get on kids as early as possible but (i know its not NSD yet) kids like sony who we have been recruiting since 8th grade and he goes and commits to GA. You as a coach have done everything possible short of dropping duffles

Just curious as to why it seems coaches come into the game so late for top kids. This is not a golden question, just an overall feeling. You read a lot of quotes from top recruits where they say school X has put on the full court press. Let's take the cook situation why wait until a few weeks before his commitment to really try and recruit him. Is this a strategy not to go early nd then lose steam? Are they trying hard all the time you just hear about it at the end? Just something I have always wondered about.

They tried with cook, he shut them down, and was flat out not interested. Then following a chat with yearby he decided to listen to UM again, so AG went full court press. All you can do if a kid tells you "no way Im going" is to focus on your other targets, as soon as he changed his mind they hit him with everything they had. They were by no means late.

Advertisement
Back