Recruiting thus far this cycle

I really want to add one more playmaker, and I don't care who it is between Dixon, Rudolph, Lane, or Cook. I think we only really have a chance of actually signing Dixon, but I have to admit I am way less sure about Dixon signing with us as I was a month or two ago. I really hope that happens.

I've been furiously driving the Yearby train for a long time, I couldn't be more amped about him which is why I'm really not so upset about losing Cook. I understand that they are different backs but guess what? Powell. Suck on that one. Those two are two serious playmakers back there and I am sleeping pretty **** well at night with those two committed.

Really hope we finish strong with Berrios, Dixon, and a JUCO NT. Anything else really is icing on the cake. And this is a slice of chocolate cake from a 5 star restaurant.

EDIT: ALSO really really reallllly want that Safety prospect from Georgia I believe? Glass. Kid looks like a stud. He could be the final piece of the puzzle when all is said and done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would love to close out this class with the following recruits:
(I know we don't have enough room for them all, but might be able to fit more than originally expected due to transfers and players like Dewey no longer playing football etc...)

RB - Dalvin Cook(longshot) or Leonard Fournette(not happening) or bust

WR - I think we get 2 out of Dixon, Brady, and Berrios (I'm sure that if Lane wanted in he might still have that option until NSD)

DT - At least 1 more stud JUCO DT if not 2(I would go all out for Pelon and try to flip Corry Johnson) and I would also like to add one more HS DT in Anthony Moten.

LB - I'm pretty sure we are done here, but if we have a shot to flip Andrew Beck from Texas(with all their problems and def coaching change) we should def try IMO.

S - I really want to flip Marques Gayot(UL commit) or land Nick Glass. (There are some awesome local Safeties in next year's class so if we only land one this year its fine, b/c I want 2-3 next year)

CB - Adoree Jackson(longshot) or flip JC Jackson(UF commit)

I really want to add one more playmaker, and I don't care who it is between Dixon, Rudolph, Lane, or Cook. I think we only really have a chance of actually signing Dixon, but I have to admit I am way less sure about Dixon signing with us as I was a month or two ago. I really hope that happens.

I've been furiously driving the Yearby train for a long time, I couldn't be more amped about him which is why I'm really not so upset about losing Cook. I understand that they are different backs but guess what? Powell. Suck on that one. Those two are two serious playmakers back there and I am sleeping pretty **** well at night with those two committed.

Really hope we finish strong with Berrios, Dixon, and a JUCO NT. Anything else really is icing on the cake. And this is a slice of chocolate cake from a 5 star restaurant.

EDIT: ALSO really really reallllly want that Safety prospect from Georgia I believe? Glass. Kid looks like a stud. He could be the final piece of the puzzle when all is said and done.

Keep in mind our ace in the hole is in prep school about to enroll in December! /fingers crossed on Griffin

May want to look at CB Kedall Randolph from Tallahassee also. We are the only state school in his top 4 to include Louisville, Stanford, and North Carolina. He's in the process of scheduling an OV.

Advertisement
Maybe is am too easy to please, but suddenly I do not feel the need to worry about recruiting so much. Al and this staff seems to find "that guy" more and more often. Adding Coley help us and killed FSU down here. And Hurlie is starting to look like the next coming of Butch Davis. ****, even Art is recruiting. Maybe it is just the floating on a cloud effect of ripping the scales of the gator one at a time, but it feels like we finally have a coaching staff we can trust to make recruits who go somewhere else really regret it. Watching Fig plant someone every time he gets on field makes me more interested in whatever commit we have that no one else offered than all the 5* SEC $$$$ laden recruits combined. Which is the next Ed Reed or Russell Maryland? I think we are in good hands.

2 more WR's - Brady, & Dixon, i feel like Berrios will go to Oregon
1 maybe 2 DT's - Moten & 1 JUCO (Pelon or Johnson)
1 Safety - Hopefully Nick Glass kid looks great on film, would have loved to have seen us go after Michael Johnson but it appears to late now, and if we fail with those 2 i like the looks of Gray here i know he has said he wants the ball in his hands but you never know or hopefully a miracle happens and Flowers realizes he isn't a college QB and accepts our offer to play Safety.

Absolutely ecstatic with the class the way it is at the moment anyway these players would just make it an unbelievable class all without Sony, Cook, Lane & Clark :neonu:

I think we can convince Gray if he gets in and if all else fails. Remember Rayshawn Jenkins was on the same ****. Didnt want to play safety. Didnt like contact supposedly and wanted the ball in his hands. The staff sat him down, told him there plans, now buddy is a stud in the making. If he keeps this up he can be a top NFL pick.

If we get Brady that could also help us get lane. They are close friends. I want lane dixon langham and Brady. That would be an excellent hall

Advertisement
Maybe is am too easy to please, but suddenly I do not feel the need to worry about recruiting so much. Al and this staff seems to find "that guy" more and more often. Adding Coley help us and killed FSU down here. And Hurlie is starting to look like the next coming of Butch Davis. ****, even Art is recruiting. Maybe it is just the floating on a cloud effect of ripping the scales of the gator one at a time, but it feels like we finally have a coaching staff we can trust to make recruits who go somewhere else really regret it. Watching Fig plant someone every time he gets on field makes me more interested in whatever commit we have that no one else offered than all the 5* SEC $$$$ laden recruits combined. Which is the next Ed Reed or Russell Maryland? I think we are in good hands.

Its really amazing to me. There aren't many staffs in the country (if any) that can constantly hit on this many under-recruited kids like Golden and crew in this day and age. Recruiting has become so popular that there just aren't many talented kids that go unnoticed. They hit on so many of these types...Pierre, Figs, EJ, Gunther (would he qualify?), Herb, Gus (sorta), this class looks like D. Jackson among others. Very exciting to see a staff pull it off time and time again.

This is why Golden knew that sticking with Miami was the right move. The way they work the area combined with the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation makes this staff deadly. Also throw in the approach they have of being able to project these kids' abilities translating to the next level with a couple years of proper nutrition and weight training...future looks great!

If you would have told me a year ago I would be ecstatic with a class that does NOT include Sony, Clark, Cook, and Lane I would have slapped you silly.

But that's where we are at. This class is loaded. It has star power but it also has guys that are severely underrated who's time will come.

If we are able to add one more legit JUCO DT, a couple receivers we are in good shape for, I think this is an A class. I know that's blasphemy to some that are obsessed with local talent, but I think so.

Figatron, the kids from Ga and OP says hello...would be nice to have the local talent but Al continues to show that for those he miss local he finds good replacements.

I think their ability to identify talent that others miss comes from having a blueprint or idea of the types of qualities you're looking for in a kid and how those qualities can be developed into what you need on your team. They proved this at Temple before they came here. Having to work in an environment like Temple where they could not go toe to toe with better football programs for top athletes meant their having a razor-sharp acuity for identifying football players who would blossom as opposed to say a really talented athlete with a hit star ranking who played football. And I'm not knocking talented athletes just saying Coach Golden couldn't get many of those guys at Temple. I always thought Coach Jimmy Johnson had a great eye for talent. Golden also does a great job of developing players.

Its really amazing to me. There aren't many staffs in the country (if any) that can constantly hit on this many under-recruited kids like Golden and crew in this day and age. Recruiting has become so popular that there just aren't many talented kids that go unnoticed. They hit on so many of these types...Pierre, Figs, EJ, Gunther (would he qualify?), Herb, Gus (sorta), this class looks like D. Jackson among others. Very exciting to see a staff pull it off time and time again.

This is why Golden knew that sticking with Miami was the right move. The way they work the area combined with the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation makes this staff deadly. Also throw in the approach they have of being able to project these kids' abilities translating to the next level with a couple years of proper nutrition and weight training...future looks great!

before i say this i want to reiterate that i really really like Yearby and think he looks even better this year...BUT

goddammit man its gonna be real tough to see Cook go to the GAYtes. he is my favorite prospect in this class and has 1st rounder written all over him

Phony can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned but cook. ****

No denying Cooks talent at all, Sonys either. But look at Cook. Hometown kid, all his boys going to Miami, his brother is at Miami, Miami recruiting the **** out of him.....etc etc etc

And he picks the Gata?

Just saying sometimes you aren't going to get a kid. If it was for lack of effort, I would be ****ed.

yeah none of that adds up especially when you add in that we just kicked their asses and look to be really good for the foreseeable future.

something stinks real bad about it

Advertisement
before i say this i want to reiterate that i really really like Yearby and think he looks even better this year...BUT

goddammit man its gonna be real tough to see Cook go to the GAYtes. he is my favorite prospect in this class and has 1st rounder written all over him

Phony can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned but cook. ****

No denying Cooks talent at all, Sonys either. But look at Cook. Hometown kid, all his boys going to Miami, his brother is at Miami, Miami recruiting the **** out of him.....etc etc etc

And he picks the Gata?

Just saying sometimes you aren't going to get a kid. If it was for lack of effort, I would be ****ed.

yeah none of that adds up especially when you add in that we just kicked their asses and look to be really good for the foreseeable future.

something stinks real bad about it

there are just some kids that want to leave their town, that is something that is really hard to recruit against, but i want to see how these kids are still loyal to the turds when they start to lose some games, im not saying they will come here but i get a good feeling some of those recruits that this board cant stop talking about will be looking elsewhere JMO

If you would have told me a year ago I would be ecstatic with a class that does NOT include Sony, Clark, Cook, and Lane I would have slapped you silly.

But that's where we are at. This class is loaded. It has star power but it also has guys that are severely underrated who's time will come.

If we are able to add one more legit JUCO DT, a couple receivers we are in good shape for, I think this is an A class. I know that's blasphemy to some that are obsessed with local talent, but I think so.

Figatron, the kids from Ga and OP says hello...would be nice to have the local talent but Al continues to show that for those he miss local he finds good replacements.

I was one of the guys screaming for us to offer that **** that plays safety but we didn't, and now as time pushed in it sure looks like it was the right move. With a guy like Al, I defer to the fact that he sits down and looks these guys (and their families) in the eye and determines if they are right for our team or not.

He isn't 100% of course, but his track record is pretty ******* good. No major complaints here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back