Recruiting Strategy

Interesting - everyone seems to be positive. I'm much more nervous. Maybe we close big and don't have to worry, but....

OL - we currently have 2 4-Star OL commits over the last 3 years. After next year, that's going to be a HUGE problem. Georgia has 4 4-Star, and 1 5-Star OL in their class this year. That makes me cringe.

WR - I feel like it could end up a mess with Harley & Smith looking not likely.

USF, FIU, FAU - I remember losing Kayvon Webster and Sam Barrington to USF on signing day before. Both are in the NFL and that hurt. Yearby was very close to flipping to USF on Signing Day. I see Charlie Strong who has has success in FL recruiting, and USF coming off an 11-2 season as a legitimate threat.

And I don't think we're going to lose many battles to FAU or FIU, but I could definitely see 1 or 2 local guys that have an offer from us and them choosing them on signing day.

We've only had 4 commits since the season started. I know the reports on our top targets sound like we're in a good position, but I'm getting edgy about not getting any of them to actually commit yet.

Your problem is you watch stars too hard. This is about talent and player development. This coaching staff is better than the last in all facets except social media.

Advertisement
OL takes a few years to develop. We will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back