Recruiting Season - The Real Ultimate Troll Job - Ourselves

Angry Ibis

The []_[]
Premium
Happy Dead Period!

Grab your eggnog, snuggle up in front of the fire and enjoy the show as we troll ourselves trying to interpret everything anyone says or does.

The reality with some recruits is that you just don't know until the last minute.

What drives us to troll ourselves going nuts during recruiting season - the stress of the holidays? winter depression? our defense?

A few things I have noticed about trolling this recruiting season -
- some do it because they don't know any better
- some do it to be the ultra positive guy
- some do it to give them something else to complain about
- some just want to be that guy who can say they were right -- "The Hedger" - hedges his bets to come running to say he was right if a guy like Cook picks FSU, but will go bat **** crazy with excitement if Cook commits to UM.

For those of you who have been around the block --- you know better!!!
- How many message boards have we all been on?
- How many of them have recruiting "experts"?
- How many of those recruiting "experts" are always right?
- How many of those recruiting "experts" love when people fap about good news, but become ultra-defensive when people call them out?

I know you all love the recruiting weatherman -- trying to predict everything and then when they are wrong using the "it is impossible to predict what a 17-18 year old kid is going to do". --- We have a storm front coming out of Miami Central that the coaches feel real good about…….the Ariz Doppler 8000 now shows that the front is trending toward the North, not sure where it is going to hit, but it will hit the State of Florida leaving two fan bases devastated …stay tuned

The CIS guys do a pretty **** good job getting us information all year round. Sometimes they'll be right, something they'll be wrong - but as long as they are cool about it, I'm fairly certain we are thrilled about what they are doing for us and thank them for that.

Recruiting is a great time of year. Take all this information, let all these emotion flow, but let's try to keep it civil and reasonable without attacking each other or the recruits.

Happy Holidays and Recruiting Season my friends and thanks everyone at CIS for a great year!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back