Recruiting numbers

I agree with you on just about everything. I would certainly hope, though, that if we can take 25 HS kids, we immediately give the green light to the Henderson twins.
It would be late imo , if we did. Once again that's my opinion.

Advertisement
If they don’t think they can be difference makers then why take them.

Given our past CB recruiting, plus Avantae, I would say sooner rather than later, but I hear ya. We are just exchanging our 2 cents.

I dunno what the hold up is regarding the Henderson twins, especially the safety prospect. We have 4 returning safeties, unless Bolden or Hall decides to come back for a 5th year, which given our history of early departures seems highly unlikely. We should be shooting for 3 - Markeith, Henderson, and Wilson.

We also need a striker since i dont think Gil sticks around for a 5th year either - our Striker depth chart for 2022 is Chase and...maybe Harrell? What happened to Nick Cull?

Advertisement
The thing is, right now they are over 85 scholarships. I believe they're at 91. There's a handful of guys who will have exhausted their eligibility at the end of this year but a majority of the roster will still have at least one more year to play. I have no idea why previous staffs would purposefully limit numbers besides NCAA sanctions but they aren't below the threshold anymore.
You sure about 91? I count 86 on the school's website. Perhaps they gave one year ships to a few guys. Either way, even with all the so called juniors listed which most are seniors in reality, I see a ton leaving anyway. I personally expect 22 to be gone and that's not counting transfers and drop outs. That said, unless the NCAA makes some adjustments to the max 85 and 25, Canes are handcuffed a bit for the 22 class.

Advertisement
I agree with you on just about everything. I would certainly hope, though, that if we can take 25 HS kids, we immediately give the green light to the Henderson twins.
Especially with the potential of the # of IC's increasing, I hope we take the Henderson Twins

You sure about 91? I count 86 on the school's website. Perhaps they gave one year ships to a few guys. Either way, even with all the so called juniors listed which most are seniors in reality, I see a ton leaving anyway. I personally expect 22 to be gone and that's not counting transfers and drop outs. That said, unless the NCAA makes some adjustments to the max 85 and 25, Canes are handcuffed a bit for the 22 class.
I have read anywhere from 90-96 players currently on scholarship but I believe that a number of those are walk-ons who got awarded left over scholarship slots. Technically, there's only a small handful of guys who would have completely exhausted their eligibility after this season. King, Jarrid Williams, McCloud, Carter, Donaldson and I believe Deandre Johnson. Every other senior could still play another season. Remember, everyone who played in 2020 got to play that year for free. It did not count against their eligibility. I'm sure that some guys will declare early. Some guys will hit the portal too but those numbers are just speculation right now. If the NCAA is going to take a hardline 85 scholarship limit again in 2022, then there's going to be some interesting scenarios.

Advertisement
I’ve posted multiple times that this class could be on the smaller side , maybe twenty tops. Even cooney has mentioned as low as sixteen. Well throw all of that out the window . If anyone posts or tweets anything about knowing the numbers they’re straight up lying. At this point the staff isn’t even sure , there’s multiple things in play , not including the possible numbers increase. This is why recruiting has been hot n cold, they’re being VERY picky. Af this point they’ll only accept guys at the top of their board.

As I’ve mentioned in the past they’re expecting a good season and wanted to play off that momentum. So in the short term I wouldn’t expect a run of commitments. So I’d expect the same methodical type recruiting season we’ve been having for a little bit.
So I'm assuming we closing on NSD the way the big boys do it. Am I correct? Hat game for us but the good hat game finally. I expect a star studded class

Advertisement
Not being a **** but you have 85 and the 25 “ the numbers just work themselves out “ is just something cute to say. They come from somewhere. You just don’t magically make spots appear. It would idiotic to use spots for the ‘23 class when it’s absolutely loaded. It’s kinda like everyone getting boners for every kid that hits the portal. You have to be responsible. If five stars want in you use some spots from ‘23 but taking spots from the next year just to do it is just irresponsible.

It's all good. It does sound "too cute". But in this rare case, I actually believe it to be true. Every single year kids leave the program, both planned and unplanned. Who would have ever thought Cam and Tae Williams would be off the team? Of course you don't magically make spots appear. But spots do appear. And you can force the issue if needed for kids like Hillery who if he hasn't already graduated will have by the end of this academic year.

TOC already mentioned the Hendersons. My guy is Tarbor. And I'd like a third DE given how top heavy this class is. I wouldn't mind a Striker either, and there's a local kid we could grab if we could make room. ... All these kids would improve the quality of the team overall.

I’ve posted multiple times that this class could be on the smaller side , maybe twenty tops. Even cooney has mentioned as low as sixteen. Well throw all of that out the window . If anyone posts or tweets anything about knowing the numbers they’re straight up lying. At this point the staff isn’t even sure , there’s multiple things in play , not including the possible numbers increase. This is why recruiting has been hot n cold, they’re being VERY picky. Af this point they’ll only accept guys at the top of their board.

As I’ve mentioned in the past they’re expecting a good season and wanted to play off that momentum. So in the short term I wouldn’t expect a run of commitments. So I’d expect the same methodical type recruiting season we’ve been having for a little bit.

Smart af, honestly. I’m going to assume we’re going to have a gr8 season.

Thanx @Cribby

Advertisement
Back