Recruiting Notebook

Advertisement
RE: Your last bullet point about the recruiting cycle and local coaches...

It seems as though with Miami being down, local coaches that think every kid with a Wake Forest level offer should also be offered by Miami...pretty ridiculous expectation.

Advertisement

It seems as though with Miami being down, local coaches that think every kid with a Wake Forest level offer should also be offered by Miami...pretty ridiculous expectation.

Exactly what I was thinking

Those coaches can go get bent. Pretty weak mindset when we only have so many schollies to give out this year. The talent on the roster is completely irrelevant. 20 schollies is 20 schollies.

Like Joey said, there's really no way to please certain egos. South florida coaches/handlers flipflop between loving and hating schools (not just Miami) like sellswords following coin. You can see it yourselves on their twitter accounts. The previous regime was too soft but now Golden is "too aggressive". They complain about our recruiting tactics and talk up FSU who does the same thing (arguably worse).

My personal stance is that we don't need kids that are easily influenced by weak-minded people. Strength of character will balance everything out so that we get the right kids. I don't know him personally but I wasn't high on Larry Hope yet he's already showing out in practice. Golden will build a quality roster regadless of the handicaps that are placed on him.

Look for more Canes-related content from me, Jr and others in the future on TheRinger. This site and TR are the only football boards I go to.

Like Joey said, there's really no way to please certain egos. South florida coaches/handlers flipflop between loving and hating schools (not just Miami) like sellswords following coin. You can see it yourselves on their twitter accounts. The previous regime was too soft but now Golden is "too aggressive". They complain about our recruiting tactics and talk up FSU who does the same thing (arguably worse).

My personal stance is that we don't need kids that are easily influenced by weak-minded people. Strength of character will balance everything out so that we get the right kids. I don't know him personally but I wasn't high on Larry Hope yet he's already showing out in practice. Golden will build a quality roster regadless of the handicaps that are placed on him.

Look for more Canes-related content from me, Jr and others in the future on TheRinger. This site and TR are the only football boards I go to.

please do that was good stuff

Advertisement
This isnt new they will always complain... Thats why I wasnt buying it when certain coaches said it about the prior staff... They complained with Butch and Coker too... If we win who cares... I read an article where a coach was upset that the prior staff didnt offer their players... He calimed they were Miami caliber but their only offer was from UCF... Just win Golden!

Advertisement
Last year we had 30+ schollies to offer. This year we have like 20. And HS coaches are mad that he's being more choosy now? They can't be serious.

Advertisement
Back