Recruiting Is Getting Kind Of Weird Tho.

Don't "follow" anyone on twitter because I don't have an account but I do visit some of these kid's twitter pages when they go on their OV's here and to other schools to find out what they're saying about their trip.

What I don't get is why some people say that it's creepy for people to post qoutes, pics and other info direct from a kids twitter page yet it is perfectly acceptable to scour 3-5 different sites for every article and ongoing discussion concerning these same recruits and then obsess about the info garnered from them. If we didn't give a **** about all the different factors determining where these kids were going to end up we wouldn't be on this board and following recruiting to begin with.

Advertisement
Don't "follow" anyone on twitter because I don't have an account but I do visit some of these kid's twitter pages when they go on their OV's here and to other schools to find out what they're saying about their trip.

What I don't get is why some people say that it's creepy for people to post qoutes, pics and other info direct from a kids twitter page yet it is perfectly acceptable to scour 3-5 different sites for every article and ongoing discussion concerning these same recruits and then obsess about the info garnered from them. If we didn't give a **** about all the different factors determining where these kids were going to end up we wouldn't be on this board and following recruiting to begin with.

I think the bigger issue most sane guys have is the parsing of every word they write and also stalking their girlfriends or family members and trying to attribute their own interpretations to the words those folks write. A recruit's gf could randomly tweet "I love when that happens", and some mook will genuinely interpret those empty words as "I love when you decide to attend ______" when, in actuality, it could mean "I love when my dog farts because the smell is weirdly intoxicating". The parsing of words is when it goes from "looking for info" to prepping the boiling water for the bunny.

I think the bigger issue most sane guys have is the parsing of every word they write and also stalking their girlfriends or family members and trying to attribute their own interpretations to the words those folks write. A recruit's gf could randomly tweet "I love when that happens", and some mook will genuinely interpret those empty words as "I love when you decide to attend ______" when, in actuality, it could mean "I love when my dog farts because the smell is weirdly intoxicating". The parsing of words is when it goes from "looking for info" to prepping the boiling water for the bunny.

I guess I am not alone.

Advertisement
I know its a joke for this board and a few others, but its **** disturbing to me when someone posts a nugget of info on a recruit that is positive for us, and then all of this homoerotic talk of "fapping" is in the 10 or so posts directly after it. Kinda ****ed up to me. What happened to just saying something like: " Good news, hope the kid comes to The U"...when did crap like "FAPPING NOW" replace that?

I know its a joke for this board and a few others, but its **** disturbing to me when someone posts a nugget of info on a recruit that is positive for us, and then all of this homoerotic talk of "fapping" is in the 10 or so posts directly after it. Kinda ****ed up to me. What happened to just saying something like: " Good news, hope the kid comes to The U"...when did crap like "FAPPING NOW" replace that?

smh

Advertisement

I've got a crush on you now.

the whole "Fapping" is kind of weird when you consider we're talking about 17/18 year old boys

Advertisement
Lulz, fap was a lounge thing (remember the Gruden thing taking it to another level, I think) and since this board was basically created after the mass exodus of the lounge and the Wez carried the site for awhile it might go over some people head or take it too literal.

I remember there was a poster here who admitted to following a recruit's girlfriend's Instagram feed.

Wtf

I can't fap to this

Advertisement

I can't fap to this

Just think of an elite 17 year old kid committing to Miami.

the whole "Fapping" is kind of weird when you consider we're talking about 17/18 year old boys

When you use the word 'boys', it is weird.

I realize its a joke, folks. But to those who aren't WEZ fluent, it simply comes off as creepy, like we have a bunch of Sanduskys following Canes recruiting. Just because it is this board's little inside joke doesn't make it any less disturbing or disgusting.

Advertisement
Back