Recruiting is fluid

Advertisement
I am just so happy we have T-Rob leading the CB recruiting and not our previous coach. I can’t imagine how messed up this would all be if Rumph was handling things for us.

It's night and day so far with TRob (and DVD) involved and a change that needed to happen. Thankfully, a coach of that caliber fell into our lap and we moved in to capitalize quickly. The changes done in the off-season to the defensive staff have been overwhelmingly positive and I'm really glad to see Jess back.

I do think that Rumph is in a very good spot right now though. He gets to sit back and evaluate talent, but doesn't have to be involved in the daily recruiting grind with players. It's been well documented on this board his shortcomings as a recruiter, but I feel he has good value in this staff in some capacity.

It's night and day so far with TRob (and DVD) involved and a change that needed to happen. Thankfully, a coach of that caliber fell into our lap and we moved in to capitalize quickly. The changes done in the off-season to the defensive staff have been overwhelmingly positive and I'm really glad to see Jess back.

I do think that Rumph is in a very good spot right now though. He gets to sit back and evaluate talent, but doesn't have to be involved in the daily recruiting grind with players. It's been well documented on this board his shortcomings as a recruiter, but I feel he has good value in this staff in some capacity.
Gotta love the fact that T-Rob has the Henderson boys on deck in case Spells and KWilson drop off. JThomas waiting in the wings in case Cull backs out..And Rogers and Graves pretty much already locked up..**** good Plan B options right there. Hes not going to get left at the alter thats for **** sure. Thats not even counting MWilliams and Fegans who are both studs as well in there own right.

Given all the great news that's been coming out of Miami lately, it's perplexing we're caught up in the fact a few recruits (and their parents) aren't as excited about the Canes as we fans are. But, really, what are we upset about anyway? It's not like the staff hasn't found quality alternatives or is getting desperate to do so:

Earl Little Jr and Marvin Jones are talented kids that for their own reasons aren't prioritizing Miami. While we would love to have both, neither is at the top of our boards. They're the type of kids you touch base with in case things change. But unless the program they wanted to join implodes, they're not coming. So you fill the class without them.

Quan Lee is an impressionable young man who spends too much time on social media perhaps because up until 3 weeks ago he literally had nothing else to do and nowhere else to be. He gets excited that teams want him, maybe commits a little too soon, then gets defensive when his own actions lead to criticism. It happens. Anyone who has or had teenagers knows this is totally normal. The drama surrounding him is overblown. Hope he sticks with the class. But Ibieta's commitment makes him a "nice to have".

Jacoby Spells was one of the recruits all of us wanted in this class. He's a local stud CB in a down year for local stud CBs. Given our lack of depth at CB, Spells is the more important of the two Heritage DBs for Miami's future success. We want this kid in this class if possible. But again, if he'd rather go elsewhere, what can you do? Rogers and Graves +1 will be a killer haul. TRbo isn't going to sit by the phone.
Marvin Jones would never come here

Advertisement
Gotta love the fact that T-Rob has the Henderson boys on deck in case Spells and KWilson drop off. JThomas waiting in the wings in case Cull backs out..And Rogers and Graves pretty much already locked up..**** good Plan B options right there. Hes not going to get left at the alter thats for **** sure. Thats not even counting MWilliams and Fegans who are both studs as well in there own right.
The twins aren’t waiting in the wings. They really like the CB twin.

Real recruiting is just getting started. Pull up your big girl panties and hold on for the ride.

This is the same fanbase that thought Lashlee showed his entire playbook in his first game as OC at Miami, Garcia should start over King after a Spring game, and "the administration" actively wants Miami football to fail.

The next six months around here is going to be nothing but chicken littles freaking out over anything and everything possible.

Bag Stewart and Kelly and we'll be like Jones who? Earl Little Sr. going for the $$$ at baga. Rogers, Graves and Small would be the best CB haul in 20 years. Tolan and Bassainthe at LB in an "A" grade. "A"+ if that speedster signs too (?). Anthony Lucas and Tarber at DT "A"+. One of the two safeties Ja'Corey Thomas or Bradenton Prep School guy (?). That would give us an "A" on defensive recruiting IMO.

Advertisement
Gone and wipe off Rev
1624462550569.gif

Recruiting? We're talking about recruiting? Who cares about recruiting anymore? People with nothing better to do?

Win or get fired. I'm ******* tired of watching my team get embarrassed while watching our opponents disrespect us with U's down and **** and it looks like all of 2-3 guys on the entire team give a ****.

200.gif
BonyIdealImpala-small.gif

200w.gif

Recruiting? We're talking about recruiting? Who cares about recruiting anymore? People with nothing better to do?

Win or get fired. I'm ******* tired of watching my team get embarrassed while watching our opponents disrespect us with U's down and **** and it looks like all of 2-3 guys on the entire team give a ****.

200.gif

200w.gif
Very compelling post and makes total sense to add to a recruiting thread on the recruiting board.

Yeah, it’s fluid especially if SEC starts bagging in Bitcoin. That stuff is volatile as **** as kids be checking their haul value and start complaining there bag value decline before signing day. Then they want to renogiatate or start looking elsewhere. It’ll be a downright fiasco.

Advertisement

200.gif

200w.gif
I petition we stop all mention of "recruiting" and lock this board until we win a Championship.

Religion and Politics talk until the season starts!!!

Advertisement
Good post but i don’t agree with all of it. Let’s see who pops. I have no clue if Diaz can coach but he’s a slick recruiter. The coaching part is gonna be on display this year. Outside of Alabama, there isn’t a team on the schedule Miami shouldn’t beat. Yeah, UNC is good, but show us fans something. Have some pride and win up there. Our roster is as talented as it’s been in maybe 20 years. Win and they will come

Good post but i don’t agree with all of it. Let’s see who pops. I have no clue if Diaz can coach but he’s a slick recruiter. The coaching part is gonna be on display this year. Outside of Alabama, there isn’t a team on the schedule Miami shouldn’t beat. Yeah, UNC is good, but show us fans something. Have some pride and win up there. Our roster is as talented as it’s been in maybe 20 years. Win and they will come
Agreed. It’s time the off-season high translates onto the field with W’s. It’s going to be tough up there at UNC but we should have the edge intalent and experience. We need to come out to start games and jump on the throats of our opponents. We get a lead, that’s what plays into Manny’s defense the best, and how we can wreck havoc on teams trying to keep up. We have the coaching staff now too. No reason we shouldn’t go 10-2 at worse in 2021. We finally live up to expectations, the recruits will truly believe this program is heading in the right direction.

Agreed. It’s time the off-season high translates onto the field with W’s. It’s going to be tough up there at UNC but we should have the edge intalent and experience. We need to come out to start games and jump on the throats of our opponents. We get a lead, that’s what plays into Manny’s defense the best, and how we can wreck havoc on teams trying to keep up. We have the coaching staff now too. No reason we shouldn’t go 10-2 at worse in 2021. We finally live up to expectations, the recruits will truly believe this program is heading in the right direction.

I’m with this. 10-2 and need to win a bowl
game please 11-2 For all the names above listed that aren’t interested they can come
back around and we have enough big time kids that the class should be very strong

Advertisement
Back