Recruiting facts

Advertisement
Here is what Manny has recruited at LB since joining the staff under Richt:

’17: Steed, Jennings, Wilder
’18: Joyner
’19: Brooks, Huff
’20: TAC, Flagg

Here is what Manny has recruited to DB since joining the staff under Richt:

’17: Bandy, A. Carter, D. Smith, Dean (transfer)
’18: Blades, Hall, Frierson, Ivey, Bethel
’19: C. Williams, Couch, K. Smith, Bolden (transfer)
’20: Harrell, Balom, Washington, Clarke

Here is what has been recruited at OL since Manny became HC:

’19: Nelson, Clark, ElGammel (Traore as transfer)
’20: Rivers, C. Washington

Here is what has been recruited at WR since Manny became HC:

’19: Payton
’20: Restreppo, Redding, Worsham

We are not in Kansas anymore, Toto.
148EE55F-3118-4D7D-93E4-5EAEA4FFB7A0.gif

Advertisement
We had our chance, when most of the board was calling him the fat Cuban Al Golden. They are likely to throw money and lock him up now, would be a tough pull now even the ties unless we broke the bank.
Mario Cristobal has officially become '03 Mark Richt, Miami cant touch him now.

Advertisement
i like our WR class

LB needs improvement but im excited to see brooks, huff, and cave

OL adn CB were just lazy this year. butch barry needs to be shown the door
This is Barrys 1st recruit class, He came in very late last year. The holdovers he had were pretty bad other then Scaife and Gaynor. I will wait and see before writing him off. See how Nelson and Clark develop.

That Diaz sucks as a recruiter overall. Especially when you consider the players that decommitted and who we lost out on last minute with Diaz. Given his body of work as HC in his first year, I would say we can definitely do better than what we have with Diaz as the HC. I would be very happy if we can lure and buy out Mario Cristobal from Oregon whenever the time comes.
Recruiting has not been the major issue. We have more than enough talent to win the coastal. Easily should be a 9 win team. Coaching is the problem and lack of development. Also we can’t keep changing coaches every three years. We have no stability. Actually, we do quite well in recruiting considering the product we put on the field. I want to know what in da **** we are selling!

Recruiting at linebacker has been average at best but the inability to properly recruit o line & cornerback is crippling this team, only to be outdone by **** poor coaching, development, and offensive scheme.

Advertisement
I continue to wonder if UM head coaches get some form of financial benefit from working with reduced scholarships. We rarely have more than 75 kids on scholarship anymore. Its been that way since Randy.

I continue to wonder if UM head coaches get some form of financial benefit from working with reduced scholarships. We rarely have more than 75 kids on scholarship anymore. Its been that way since Randy.

Lmao That’s good theory. Like corporate bosses who get bonuses for keeping payroll under certain number at the end of the year.

Advertisement

How many do they give away to walk-ons? No way we give them all away, right?

How many do they give away to walk-ons? No way we give them all away, right?

Rarely does a walk on get awarded a scholarship. Maybe a half dozen per decade.

If the NCAA came out and said that UM is losing 8 scholarships per year for the next 3 years, Im not sure we'd even notice the difference. We've been operating right around 75 a year since like 2007.

Switching back to OL discussion, because its important.

Am I unreasonable to think that my expectations prior to this class coming to a close should have been Jalen Rivers, Isaiah Walker, Marlon Martinez, and Jonathan Denis? You can add Chris Washington if you'd like for a fifth guy in the class, because he showed out in a summer camp and earned a scholarship (I'm cool with taking your camp standouts every year...there is a reason you have camps). That would have been an absolutely incredible class that would legitimately give us hope as a fanbase...and we're out here with nothing. Even our Plan B and C players (which are Plan A players for everyone else but us, seemingly...weird, I know) would have been incredible gets for this class.

Like, Walker, Martinez, and Denis were legitimate three-star players until the fall. Miami was seemingly wishy washy on all of these players early on, but were getting legitimate Power 5 offers early in the process and all committed pretty early. These guys were not big ticket items early in the process.

Not being the first Power 5 offer for these guys is mind blowing. When we end up doubling back on players, we get laughed at...like, we have the audacity to double back after missing out on guys that should have been layups. We went for the 360 tomahawk dunk from the free throw line when the game is on the line when a layup would have been a game winner and we end up falling on our *** comically in a Not-Top-10 moment.

Now, ok...sure, Isaiah Walker goes elsewhere...you replace him...and Miami was wishy washy early in the process on a bunch of other (at the time) three star guys like Cayden Baker, Connor McLaughlin, Michael Rankins...all of which went to Miami level or better schools. Meanwhile, we were out here with Antonio Smith on our commitment list for a long time.

It legitimately blows my mind at how much of a botched cycle this was for our most pressing position. Clulessness. Frustrating. Its the sign of a staff that has no idea of what they are doing. Sure, maybe some of the names don't come to fruition at the end...don't nitpick and miss the forest for the trees...but how bad we f'd up this process on one of the most important position groups is crazy to me. More of an indictment of this staff then what happened with the linebackers. Crazy.

Advertisement
Back