Recruiting Effect of Firing

Utoronto

Redshirt Freshman
Ok, so if/when Al is fired we'll have to deal with the same effect on recruiting that every school that fires a coach has to; possible loss of recruits that have strong relationship with current coaches like Coley. That's always to be expected so I'm not worried about it (and as some have said, with the right hire it might help recruiting this cycle).

What I'm really wondering, and am hoping guys like Aziz and DMoney can address is the following. Let's assume a new Head Coach comes in and pretty much fires every assistant and brings all his own guys in. It's been talked about many times that Miami has had a horrible relationship with the community in years past and have gone a long way to improving it, especially with hires like Ice and Baez. Would firings of Ice and Baez create some kind of community revolt that might really harm our chances with any recruits close to them, or close to other coaches that they're tight with? I'm not at all worried about the prospect of a new Head Coach, just hoping the transition can be made without harming the ties between the school and community again.

Advertisement
Every single time there is a new coach at a school, that coach gets a recruiting boost. Shannon got it. Golden got it. The new coach will get it. That's because at that point, the coach is selling a dream to kids. The key is to actually win, so that the dream becomes tangible. Or else you end up like Shannon and Golden--you can bring in very good classes where you have better talent than 90% of the country, but you miss out on some of the real difference makers that can take you from the ACC championship game type talent to the national championship type talent.

Golden staying would set the program back 2-3 years, because he will be a lame duck next year that nobody will want to play for the. So the 2016 class that everybody freaks out about will be ruined. On the other hand, if Golden is fired, then we'll have a new coach whose first real recruiting year will be 2016, when he should have the boost.

Advertisement
Let go of Butch people as it will never happen. As for effect on recruiting if Golden were fired? A positive one!

Every single time there is a new coach at a school, that coach gets a recruiting boost. Shannon got it. Golden got it. The new coach will get it. That's because at that point, the coach is selling a dream to kids. The key is to actually win, so that the dream becomes tangible. Or else you end up like Shannon and Golden--you can bring in very good classes where you have better talent than 90% of the country, but you miss out on some of the real difference makers that can take you from the ACC championship game type talent to the national championship type talent.

Golden staying would set the program back 2-3 years, because he will be a lame duck next year that nobody will want to play for the. So the 2016 class that everybody freaks out about will be ruined. On the other hand, if Golden is fired, then we'll have a new coach whose first real recruiting year will be 2016, when he should have the boost.

That is all probably true, and falls under the "what you get when any coach is fired".

What I'm curious is about it what will be the effect on the community relationship when Ice and Baez are fired. Hopefully very little, but it seems like issues like this blow up at Miami sometimes so that's why I wonder how the guys close to the football community feel about it.

Let go of Butch people as it will never happen. As for effect on recruiting if Golden were fired? A positive one!

Ehhhh not sure

Our biggest commits this class seem to love him....he was the primary recruiter for both Scarlett and Johnson too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Even though most kids never think about this, it is very likely that there will be a coaching change while they are college no matter where they go. The average tenure of a D1 head coach is something like 4.8 years. So if a coach isn't in his first year when they sign on, there is a statistical likelihood that they will see a coaching change while in the program.

Redemption.

Why i would hire him?
he fixed it before, he can spot and develop talent, he knows south florida, he will come cheap, etc.

Johnson is gone if golden leaves johnson looks at golden as a father figure ...

Wrong. Johnson is committed to Miami not Golden.

I've touched up on this before. Only school I would be concerned with, with him would be South Carolina. That is where he is originally from. I'm not worried about his commitment. This is coming from sources close to Killian and Johnson. TIFWIW

Advertisement
Ok well we have different sources golden gone johnson gone he loves al whether people want to admit or not

This is coming from the horses mouth.

Kids say that in interviews all the time.

I know the coaches and alumni at Killian. Stephen Tulloch is a very close family friend of mine. My father use to buy him food all the time at practice n **** when he played pop warner at Kendall Hammocks. My brother attended Killian while he was there before my bro transferred and played ball at Coral Reef. My other brother played on same team with Stephen in pop warner. Kendall Hammocks Warriors. Still see Stephen all the time at Chads barbershop across from Miami Dade during the offseason.

One of my good friends Danny Orozco who played for Killian back in esrly 2000s also did some coaching few years ago when Jaquan and Redwine first got to Killian. I head out to the Killian games with him. I've met Jaquan personally it's no hidden thing. He loves Miami.

We would really have to **** up to lose his commitment. Trust me.

Quan is not going anywhere regardless of who the coach is. I spoke with Quan Tuesday night and we even joked about who the coach could be if there was a change and he was naming cartoon characters that he would play for. Kid is all Cane.

Only chance Golden is fired is if we lose to Pitt. Should that happen and he loses support, look for him to be fired quickly and a new coach announced very quickly should all go well. By going well, guy at the top of the list takes the job. Don't think this will be a search commitee situation. If I had to guess, they go to Schiano first.

Advertisement
Back