Recruiting Dead Period Extended Again

Advertisement
Does it hurt us at all with Garcia? He’s been here twice, but wondering if parents would want to be here again before making decision?

Advertisement
IF no fans are allowed at games, more than likely there will be no visits during the season, either. What does that mean for the early signing period? Will it go away? Seems like that would be hard to do away with if kids want to be EE. Unless they sign FA agreements and just show up on campus and register without an LOI.

Will kids get some kind of one -time forgiveness if they sign in December and change their minds before the February signing? They could just say all visits, etc will be "virtual" this year given the one time transfer rule kicks in next year anyway.

So many questions....

Advertisement
This is why schools have been rushing commitments. Especially the vols. Don’t want to be traveling when you can be coaching.
If you dont think bama has been down in here in sofla with they’re baggage handlers your crazy.

Overall, this is good for us. Only real negatives are we won’t have much news to hype up and no paradise which as @DMoney says is always a signing day preview.

Advertisement
i would never ever understand why anyone would go to trailerhassee or Gainesville COVID or not. These two places are truly set back in time and KKK territories ( yes I said that). **** them racist toothless pigs. I drove my nephew up to Gainesville as he transferred there and once we got there he looked at me like WTF. Sorry as I realize this is not the best time to post this ****...

Advertisement
I think this puts a greater emphasis on winning. Without visiting campus, kids will rely on what they hear from coaches and what they see on tv.

I keep harping on this. We need to hit a homerun this season with wins. Nine wins won't cut it. Ten is the minimum. For the top recruits we're trying to sign, we need 11+ wins. That's an 11-1 regular season and a respectable appearance in the ACC Championship game. A New Year's Day bowl win would be icing on the cake to pull in any February signees finishing with a 12-2 record. We have to show that we belong in the national conversation. We have to show recruits that we're a playoff contending team. Not that we have to make the playoffs, but that we are competitive enough with Clemson that a few of the top recruits could push us over the top. We really need to run the table. We'll only face 1 ranked team in the regular season and that will be UNC at home. A win over UNC would have us in the top 10.

I understand that this is a great leap from the mess we created last year, but there isn't any team on the regular season schedule that we can't beat. We're probably favored in 10 of those 12 games. So win the games we're supposed to win and beat the teams we're evenly matched with.

I wish all the gangsta Canes out there would
scare the coaching staffs back onto their jets. Talk about protecting South Florida 🙌

Advertisement
Back