Recruiting Battles: Miami vs UF

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
With UF ******** the pooch right now, it would be nice to know what players we are fighting them for. And before anyone says every good player in FL, I am talking more about true battles with them, ala Zip, Summerrall and Silvera of years past.

Which players are battling them for and how much do you think the Gators gatoring is helping us?

Advertisement
Idk but that dexter dude is ranked pretty high.
Should we kick the tires?

Advertisement
It’s gonna hurt recruiting. It won’t just be UM, it will be other schools negatively recruiting against them. When parents hear over and over from other schools about the problems at uf, it will hurt. Kids and parents on the fence between uf and UM will certainly hurt their chances. Don’t be a moron.

Advertisement
The unfortunate reality is that most parents don’t care enough about the culture of a school. They see the name, assume their son will play in the NFL, and hope the parents(s) can then stop working and live off the son. And if those are a parent’s priorities, then the culture at UF or the low APR at FSU won’t bother the parents. They’ll simply rationalize it and say, “well my son knows better”, or “my son will go to class”. And then stick their heads in the sand.

Chantz Williams and Jalen Rivers are the only true battle we are in with UF that we can get the edge on because of their Situation.
I agree mostly. What's going on with other kids and academics really don't affect kids decisions as much as they try to pretend. It's like women, they say what kinda of guy they want, but become just another stable member of some money dude.

Advertisement
The unfortunate reality is that most parents don’t care enough about the culture of a school. They see the name, assume their son will play in the NFL, and hope the parents(s) can then stop working and live off the son. And if those are a parent’s priorities, then the culture at UF or the low APR at FSU won’t bother the parents. They’ll simply rationalize it and say, “well my son knows better”, or “my son will go to class”. And then stick their heads in the sand.

UF/FSU does not equal all parents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back