Recruiting 101

ace

Super Star
Quiet Period: Prospective Student-Athletes can come on campus for face to face meeting, but coaches can't go off campus for a face to face meeting.

Dead Period: No face to face anywhere, i.e., prospective student-athletes can't come on campus and coaches can't go off.

Neither of these periods have any effect on phone calls.Lets look at the week of 2/3/13 - 2/9/13.

Just like the week of the coaches convention, Sunday is a quiet period and Monday-Thursday is a dead period.
Since September 1st, the coaches have been allowed one call per week (Sun.-Sat.) to each prospective student-athlete, or their family or guardian.

There is a Bonus for this week:

During the 96 hour period from 7 a.m. on Mon. thru 7 a.m. on Fri., there is no limit on the number of calls the coaches are allowed. The coaches still have their 1 weekly call which they can use either during the time frame from 12:01 a.m. on Sun. thru 6:59 a.m. on Mon. or during the time frame from 7 a.m. on Fri. thru 11:59 p.m. on Sat.

This is page 3 of the NLI (I added the color to make it easier to separate the institution portion, the student portion and the parent portion).

There are 2 things to note: (1) If you aren't at least 21, a parent, your guardian, or an NCAA approved person must sign the NLI. (2) Neither you nor your co-signer can sign before 7 a.m. on the initial signing date.

An offer of financial aid signed by the appropriate person in the financial aid department must accompany the NLI.

Name of Prospective Student-Athlete

Permanent Address_______________________________________

City State Postal Code Country

Prospective Student-Athlete’s NCAA ID__________ Date of Birth ______
(must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center and on the Institutional Request List)

Submission of this NLI has been authorized by:

SIGNED ____________________________________ ______
Director of Athletics (or designee) Date Issued to
Prospective
Student-Athlete

For Institutional Use Only

Two-year college transfer

□ 2-4 Qualifier □ 2

-4 Nonqualifier

Sport ______________

Two-year college graduate Expected graduation date ____________

This is to certify my decision to enroll at __________________________________________________
Name of Institution

I certify that I have read all terms and conditions included in this document. I have discussed them with the coach and/or other staff

representatives of the institution named above, and I fully understand, accept and agree to be bound by them. I understand that signing this NLI is voluntary and I am not required to sign the NLI to receive athletics aid and participate in intercollegiate athletics. Additionally, I give my consent to the signing institution, to disclose to authorized representatives of its athletics conference (if any), the NCAA, the NCAA Eligibility Center and the NLI Office any documents or information pertaining to my NLI signing. Further, I give my consent to the NLI Office to disclose my name and personally identifiable information from my education records to a third party (including but not limited to the media) as necessary to correct any inaccuracies reported by the media or related to my NLI signing, without such disclosure constituting a violation of my rights, including my rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

If I falsify any part of this NLI, or if I have knowledge that my parent or legal guardian falsified any part of this NLI, I understand I shall

forfeit the first year of my athletics competition at any NLI participating institution.

My signature on this NLI nullifies any agreements, oral or otherwise, which would release me from the conditions stated within this NLI.

SIGNED

____________________________________ ___________
Prospective Student-Athlete Signature Signing Date
(Mth/Day/Yr) Time (A.M. / P.M.)

Do not sign prior to 7:00 a.m. (local time) on the initial signing date.

Parent/ legal guardian signature is required if prospective student-athlete has not reached his or her 21st birthday.

SIGNED

_______________________________________ _______

□ Parent or □ Legal Guardian Signature Signing Date
(Mth/Day/Yr) Time
(A.M. / P.M.) (check one)

Do not sign prior to 7:00 a.m.

(local time) on the initial signing date.

________________________________ _______________
Print Name of Parent/Legal Guardian Telephone Number
(including area code)

Note: There will be a quiz on Tuesday, and if you fail, then no internet or TV access for 1 week beginning 11:59 P.M. Tuesday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back