Recruit Notebook - Matthew Thomas

Advertisement
excellent write up. the only thing i don't like is the grading system.

i mean, is every recruit going to be A++ caliber?

excellent write up. the only thing i don't like is the grading system.

i mean, is every recruit going to be A++ caliber?

No., they won't. However, I started with arguably the top 3 players on our board, who are all among the top at their positions nationally AND who could come in and impact our team immeasurably. They're all elite players. Others are not, and that will be reflected in their Notebook entries.

Advertisement
The thought of Thomas at 240 pounds as a junior roaming behind the defensive line pre-snap is terrifying.

The thought of Thomas at 240 pounds as a junior roaming behind the defensive line pre-snap is terrifying.

Prospective 2014 Front 7:

LB/DE Tyriq McCord
DT: Pierre
DT: Hooks
DE: Chick
WLB: Perryman
MLB: Kirby
SLB: Thomas

GOOD LORD

I bet Coach D's scheme will look much better huh? No, then his crappy scheme will work because there's talent and depth. Randy was a great DC until all of his talent and depth left the program.

:neonu:

Prospective 2014 Front 7:

LB/DE Tyriq McCord
DT: Pierre
DT: Hooks
DE: Chick
WLB: Perryman
MLB: Kirby
SLB: Thomas

GOOD LORD

I bet Coach D's scheme will look much better huh? No, then his crappy scheme will work because there's talent and depth. Randy was a great DC until all of his talent and depth left the program.

Advertisement
I hope Dorito uses him well.

No use in having an animal like that if he's going to be bailing into coverage on every snap. This man needs to be let loose.

I thought the soar in the clouds reference was a Nietzsche paraphrase. A little disappointed to hear it's from Pleasantville.

Advertisement
I thought the soar in the clouds reference was a Nietzsche paraphrase. A little disappointed to hear it's from Pleasantville.

You confused the metaphors I used in the article. Pleasantville was for how Thomas stands out from the rest of the players he plays with/against. Soar in the clouds was for how his brand of greatness isn't common.

Not the same reference.

Never seen the kid play other than highlights. His recruitment is reminiscent of t diddy and Willie Williams.

Cam,

Really appreciate your work on this site. I was on Grassy, aka Canestime, beginning in 1997, and these are the best scouting profiles I've read since I've been following Canes football on the web back then. It's exceptional and might as well be professional in my opinion. I'm curious as to what your background is and whether you scout professionally?

As far as 6 goes, he's the absolute most important player in this class, and, imo, far and away more important than Collins who I believe is great. The reality is 6 might arguably be the best player in the country irrespective of position. He's that good and without a ceiling. When you factor in the other guys he stands to bring with him, and his value increases further.

Advertisement
Cam,

Really appreciate your work on this site. I was on Grassy, aka Canestime, beginning in 1997, and these are the best scouting profiles I've read since I've been following Canes football on the web back then. It's exceptional and might as well be professional in my opinion. I'm curious as to what your background is and whether you scout professionally?

As far as 6 goes, he's the absolute most important player in this class, and, imo, far and away more important than Collins who I believe is great. The reality is 6 might arguably be the best player in the country irrespective of position. He's that good and without a ceiling. When you factor in the other guys he stands to bring with him, and his value increases further.

Wushah,

I appreciate the compliment. As a longtime scouting junkie, I really value your opinion. I just try to call it like I see it, and I'm glad my honesty comes through in my writing.

My background is that I've watched entirely too many sporting events in my lifetime and I love talking about sports. I try to make my pieces the same as I would have a conversation with you face to face about a player, team, or event.

No, I don't do any professional scouting. This is just something that popped in my head that I thought I could do justice to, and that you all would enjoy.

I could go on and on about myself, but that's not why we're here. Maybe, another time, I'll let you know everything you could possibly want to know about Cameron Underwood.

Advertisement
Back