Recievers

How is it possible in a florida to have such a bad receiving unit. Scott is the real deal. If he stays healthy he will have 1200+ yards this season. Waters and Lewis are terrible but they have to play because we have no depth. I will literally throw up if I ever see waters back to receive a kick. Berrios is good but I get the feeling he will never be healthy. Stacey is a big question mark and he is weak. No shirt for cager, gonna have to see what he can do. Langham has bust written all over him.

Where the **** is the speed?
This is all on the coaches and their inept recruiting.

Advertisement
All the Retards on this board assured us for years that Herb Waters was the best receiver on the team. I for one am glad that Dorsett is gone!

Herb and Scott are the type of kids I'd expect to be #3 or #4 WRs on a regular, good Miami team. Lacking an elite 1st option was a big concern of mine this year.

Golden missed on all the premier wide receivers in South Florida lately, and there's a severe lack of speed at this position.

it's one game. waters has had a big game or two in past years. just strange how he looked so much better as a freshman. if berrios could shake the injury bug i think he could be a consistent receiver for us but the play calling may hinder that of all our receivers. wouldn't surprise me a bit to see scott not be targeted at all the next game. for whatever reason we don't utilize our playmakers on a consistent basis. it's like with dorsett. one game they target him all game and the next they want to use him as a decoy. it's when you try so hard to outsmart your opponent you really just outsmart yourself.

it's one game. waters has had a big game or two in past years. just strange how he looked so much better as a freshman. if berrios could shake the injury bug i think he could be a consistent receiver for us but the play calling may hinder that of all our receivers. wouldn't surprise me a bit to see scott not be targeted at all the next game. for whatever reason we don't utilize our playmakers on a consistent basis. it's like with dorsett. one game they target him all game and the next they want to use him as a decoy. it's when you try so hard to outsmart your opponent you really just outsmart yourself.

That's one of Gorlden's skills.

Advertisement
Herb and Scott are the type of kids I'd expect to be #3 or #4 WRs on a regular, good Miami team. Lacking an elite 1st option was a big concern of mine this year.

Golden missed on all the premier wide receivers in South Florida lately, and there's a severe lack of speed at this position.

Yep. Waters is a perennial cellar dweller and is a nice 3rd/4th option kind of guy, if that. Not sure why people expected something of him after ~4 years of nothing. That's not usually how things shake out.

What the **** happened to Stacy Coley?

He had one of the worst sophomore slumps you'll ever see, and he appears gimpy after almost every play. It's like he's broken psychologically or something.

Waters was average as a freshman. People on this board have a tendency to completely lose their minds over a guy if he is slightly above incomptent as a freshman.

Least talented WR unit I've seen at Miami in a long time. Pedestrian. Nobody with legit speed and nobody with any wiggle.

Berrios is supposed to be our "wiggle" guy and he can't make anybody miss in the open field. He caught a screen last night and had a defender one-on-one in the open field and **** near ran right into him.

Advertisement
When a Freshman plays the coaches give them a set of limited plays that they think they can be successful in. So the next question from the fans are why can't the coaches continue to do that for every player all 4 years. Well the team can not revolve around 1 guy doing only a couple routes. We saw this Coley and now that the coaches are needing him to run the entire route tree he is not doing it. Same with Waters. And if your only getting 5 passes your way in a game you still need to put in the same effort into the other 80 plays. Go back to the tape of Allen Hurns and Dorsett. They are pros not for the 1-2 big plays they made a game but the consistency over the hole game doing their jobs even on run plays blocking their man and making sure that guy did not make a play.

Poor Program.

At least 2 WRs should have had 100+ yards and 3 with around 50+/- yards.

But no................that would have required a "WE MUST DOMINATE" attitude, which goes against Pillars and Core Values!

BCU could not fight back........better opponents will punch us right in the mouth!

Least talented WR unit I've seen at Miami in a long time. Pedestrian. Nobody with legit speed and nobody with any wiggle.

Berrios is supposed to be our "wiggle" guy and he can't make anybody miss in the open field. He caught a screen last night and had a defender one-on-one in the open field and **** near ran right into him.

I mentioned this during the game after that play and the punt return. He looked quicker last year. Looked like he was wearing cement boots last night.

It also doesn't help that our route combinations are **** poor.

Advertisement

I mentioned this during the game after that play and the punt return. He looked quicker last year. Looked like he was wearing cement boots last night.

It also doesn't help that our route combinations are **** poor.

I remember a post of yours last year mentioning this. Could you explain a little more in depth?

HUH? Newsflash: Scott caught SIX passes for 100 yds & a touchdown. Oh wait, you don't go to games.

HUH? Newsflash: Scott caught SIX passes for 100 yds & a touchdown. Oh wait, you don't go to games.

Holy shlt, this changes everything.

Advertisement
There are a lot of good WRs on the team. Coley's offense is stupid. Running a million vertical routes. Barely throwing to the TEs and no semblance of an underneath game.

If Coley is injured it maybe a problem. But some of these young guys need to be put in the game. Playing Wr doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Gotta see a full game of Scott, Coley, Brady, Waters, Cager and the TEs
I would of liked to seen Rosier get some passed out to Cager and the other back ups

That game left a lot to be desired passing and on the 3rd down wise

When a Freshman plays the coaches give them a set of limited plays that they think they can be successful in. So the next question from the fans are why can't the coaches continue to do that for every player all 4 years. Well the team can not revolve around 1 guy doing only a couple routes. We saw this Coley and now that the coaches are needing him to run the entire route tree he is not doing it. Same with Waters. And if your only getting 5 passes your way in a game you still need to put in the same effort into the other 80 plays. Go back to the tape of Allen Hurns and Dorsett. They are pros not for the 1-2 big plays they made a game but the consistency over the hole game doing their jobs even on run plays blocking their man and making sure that guy did not make a play.

wait a second. people definitely called dorsett a one trick pony who could only go deep. it wasn't until he went to a senior bowl and combine did the experts realize that he could run every route but just wasn't asked to while college. Dorsett even said that himself in an interview at the senior bowl.

Advertisement
Back