RECAP: Hurricanes knock off Blazers in opener, 31-14

View as article
In case one of the top 3 goes down plus he is the biggest back on the team. Definitely got a little nervous when Cam went down.
Agreed, Cam was a beast, but need that big back to bang the ball when needed and give Harris a break, keep him healthy. Burns is that guy.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm missing something and not seeing why so many people complaining, but I thought it was a solid performance. Could have gotten an extra 2 tds w/ completions. Hopefully will see better play as the season advances. It looks like a solid ACC Coastal team, at least. This was definitely the first game in a while that my heart wasn't racing and the offense moved the ball well. Wouldn't be surprised to see King take over the game w/ his arm next wk. If that happens, I'll really be excited for the season

Advertisement
For what ??
I agree. Not discounting the freshmen because they ARE dynamic. But burns is more of a bell cow back and if he's healthy he can help you sustain ball control drives. I think as the rooks develop they will grow apart in likeness. K4 will be the scat back that gives you fits and C2 will become the bigger back with speed that can get the short yardage. But both can house it at anytime time.

We have good problems at RB.

Overall a sloppy but productive game. As other stated, we will need to tighten things up for next weekend and Louisville. Defensively Ivey really either needs to step up his overall game or get replaced. Thought when Couch was beat on that quick pass that he’d give up but he didn’t and caused the fumble, punching the ball out. I really was thankful for Lashlee’s offense, we definitely would’ve lost that game with Penos last year. When things weren’t working in the passing game? We just roll out 337yds on the ground. That should make Satterfield nervous knowing his defense is a sieve.

Overall a sloppy but productive game.

This was an interesting statement and I totally disagree. Considering how atrocious we were all last season after byes, how little practice we actually got, and half the staff being new, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of shooting ourselves in the foot. Pope's fumble was bad, but that was about it. No procedural penalties, only the one turnover and the personal foul call on Wiggins was laughable. Sure, the passing game wasn't rolling but the game plan was to run anyway.

I think the level of focus to not make stupid mistakes was underrated in this win, and speaks to a more mature team and staff that made proper adjustments in the offseason.

We need a special teams coach! Also if we could please just get a DB coach for the whole secondary! That would be awesome

Advertisement
I’m indifferent. The offense was painfully vanilla and the defense was average. We better be ready for FSU.

Better worry about Louisville before we worry about FSU or we will be 1-1 going into that game.This kid from Louisville is no joke and if he finds out what side of the field Ivey plays on it might be a loooooong night.

OL transformation has been incredible.
From how they played last year to how they are playing now is remarkable.
Credit to the players and Justice.

Advertisement
Back