RECAP: Canes topple Virginia for first ACC win

View as article
I think this is more about play calling. I thought the play calling was awful at times. Enos goes thru these spouts where he calls all pass plays. This offense needs to be balanced to help the offensive line. We didn't run the ball enough and the stupid run plays where we don't block the weakside DE should be thrown out. Enos called that play multiple times and it resulted in a loss every time. In fact, all of the outside runs resulted in negative plays. He seams so **** stubborn. We could all see the inside runs were successful and the outside ones were not.

It made no sense to call consecutive deep passing routes from your own 20 yard line. Your just handing the other team field position which Enos did several times. Kudos to our defense for stopping UVA, but this a failure by Enos to understand how the game was flowing. When he finally went back to the short passes and runs up the gut, where we moved the ball.

I want to see better play calling from Enos. We need balance between run, pass, and the type of passes. Get the ball to our playmakers in space. Throw short and the deep balls will be there.

Yes, N'kosi missed a few deep balls. There was only 1 or 2 where he didn't give the receiver a chance because they were overthrown. I think he's use to throwing to JT deep. KJ doesn't have JT speed. I think with a little better play calling, Perry can be a 65% passer despite our offensive line woes.
Very well put, sir!

Advertisement
Perry’s honestly the least of my concerns with this team. He definitely extended a few plays and was able to scramble for gains, including first downs a couple times.

More concerning to me are the WRs, who dropped several catches that should’ve been big gains.
If Pope hangs onto that one that’s a TD. He was open and had all the running room in the world

More concerning to me are the WRs, who dropped several catches that should’ve been big gains.

Agreed. There was a noticeable difference in UVA wrs catching almost every ball while ours would drop them. This was especially noteable on 3rd downs. The UVA wrs were very disciplined in that regard. I cannot fathom that they are more skilled than ours.

Advertisement
Back