RECAP: 2021 Paradise Camp

View as article
Just curious, but do we know of any other schools like OSU, UF having their camps, yet? Were we the first?
UGA did their big "scavenger hunt event" last weekend. Other than OU, it looks like the others are doing it that last weekend in July when the dead period ends for the week

Advertisement
The first part of ur post was spot on. Iirc, Richt had Paradise Camp, not just as a camp, but treated it like a quasi Rivals 5 star camp. It wasn’t just open to anyone; only the best were invited & if u were an under classman, u had to be special. Hence the invite went out.

Now, it feels like “a” camp. Love the amount of former players coming back to help, but yeah, we need to go back to making this an exclusive invite.

Regardless, off season Manny does great; but as I’ve said from the onset of this off season, these kids r now going to see these campuses again. We’re going to have to show these higher profiled kids that we r serious about winning on the field.
It wasnt exclusive with Richt either. Anyone came there were.walk ups. If a high school kid showed up they weren't turning ed away

It wasnt exclusive with Richt either. Anyone came there were.walk ups. If a high school kid showed up they weren't turning ed away
you pretty much have to allow it to be open for it to be permissible under ncaa rules. Otherwise it’s a benefit, meaning kid has to pay or it’s an OV.

you pretty much have to allow it to be open for it to be permissible under ncaa rules. Otherwise it’s a benefit, meaning kid has to pay or it’s an OV.
Yea i went to the richt camps..there were kids out there that look likentheybfidnt even start at their high school.

But honestly um always does a good job with Paradise.
The staff members were on everybody the same...the guys they really really wanted got the special attention 1 on 1 work outside when the groups dispersed

Advertisement

So maybe w/ Richt, at least as I recalled, the way it was set up, the underclassmen had their day, and the rising seniors had their day. Also, it “felt” exclusive & the highlights, highlighted top notch kids. Iirc, kids were going on social media bragging about “invites” to Paradise & the details of Paradise wasn’t until like a week or two before the actual event…but targets Fa sho knew about it before hand.

My perception was it was more exclusive. Definitely could have mis-remembered or bought into Richt's marketing. He did a nice high dive, that I remember. Anyway, If everyone is hearing that the recruits there loved it, that is the only thing that counts. That and commitments from our top targets at some point.

THE U FAMILY LOVE 💪🏿
FEC6386B-87EF-4399-81C3-F56014722124.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back