RECAP: 2021 Paradise Camp

The first part of ur post was spot on. Iirc, Richt had Paradise Camp, not just a camp, but treated like a quasi Rivals 5 star camp…it was just open to anyone; only the best were invited & if u were an under classman, u had to be special. Hence the invite went out.

Now, it feels like a camp. Love the amount of former players coming back to help, but yeah, we need to go back to making this an exclusive invite.

Regardless, off season Manny does great; but as I’ve said from the onset of this off season, these kids r now going to see these campuses again. We’re going to have to show these higher profiled kids that we r serious about winning on the field.
I’m not sure if NCAA allows a true invite camp. Invites go out, but everybody gets access to the camp.

Advertisement
Outside of Jackson, it seems like we're pretty much in the same spot for Stewart, Hood, Richardson, Tolan, Skinner, MJJ, Little, and Bissainthe. @Rellyrell put it best, Paradise used to feel like a special event for top players. This year's version just felt like a camp with a lot alumni in attendance.

A buzz doesn't necessarily mean getting commits. It can be great reviews about the visit, the staff feeling good about a kid and vice-versa, certain recruits showing up, etc. The cookout for example generated a bigger buzz than Paradise imo.
Eh, it seems like Miami is the leader for Stewart, Bissainthe and Tolan. Is maintaining or making a move on those guys a disappointment?

There were less of the elite 2022 kids there this year because campuses are open for the first time in over a year and kids are using this month to take OVs. There was still an insane amount of talent present, including underclassmen who have already been designated as 5 stars and some who will have a shot at elite status in the future. I feel like the camp has always been about some of these future studs coming and looking back on it a reveling at the type of talent that Miami was able to get on campus and competing. This year was really no different from that perspective. The buzz that I’ve seen coming out of yesterday has been pretty big — I really think that people are just looking for commitments. We’ve moved on from the days of loading up on early commitments from future classes only to see kids decommit later, and the 2022 class is slated to pick up some kids in the coming weeks with many of the big battles lasting through the fall. It is what it is but this is big boy recruiting and this staff clearly has a plan.

How in the **** was.anyrhing wiped out due to lighting when we have an ipf now?
**** sprinklers..
adam sandler GIF

Advertisement
Some additional notes from Ivins on 247

Just wanted to pass some of this along.

– Last night there seemed to be different buzz in the air than some of the more recent Paradise Camps. I'm not sure why, but kind of felt like Paradise 1.0 when there was a ton of alums on hand and an elite group of kids working out. I thought the NFL star power on the sidelines was pretty **** impressive and those guys were actively recruiting for Miami, most notably the official visitors during warmups for the camp. I overheard Jon Beason and Calais Campbell just laying it out to Demario Tolan and Shemar Stewart why Miami was the place to be.

– Not a ton of 2022s worked out, which makes sense with everyone trying to take visits. With that being said, I think the 2023 group that actually went through drills was pretty solid. I believe that Wilky Denaud, Cedrick Hawkins, Dwight Bootle, Kaven Call, Amare Ferrell, Cedric Baxter, Andy Jean, Eddie Combs, Javian Simpkins and Jeremiah Shack all have a chance to be Top 50 players in the Sunshine State next cycle. Most are already ranked that way.

– Miami seems to be in the best spot right now with Shack and Hykeem Williams when it comes to 2023 wide recievers. I'm not saying they aren't recruiting others (they absoultley want Brandon Inniss, Jalen Brown and some of the others that were on the sidelines Saturday), but I have heard enough to beleieve that the Hurricanes should be considered the team to beat for both. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out just in general next cycle with the 2023 wave of wideouts.

– Raheim Jeter, a 2023 quarterback from South Cariolina, got a late invite Friday and flew down to throw Saturday. Jaleel Skinner is the reason that Jeter got that invite from what I gathered as the two are friends. I also saw Jake Garcia's parents hanging out inside the IPF with Skinner's parents. I belive Garcia was the player host for Skinner, who was also seen talking with David Njoku.

– I still like Alabama for Earl Little Jr. and was honestly surprised he went through drills. I'm not sure what to make of Marvin Jones Jr. as his recruitment is kind of crawling along compared to some of the other blue-chip prospects in 2022. I am bit surprised though that he didn't make it up to Tuscaloosa this month. I'll add that I think he's really taking a look at what system and schemes each school runs as he brought that up when we were talking Saturday.

– I think it says a lot that Jacolby Spells didn't make it out. Miami wasn't expecting him to show up, but I still think it's pretty notable that he wasn't there. I'm close to putting in a Crystal Ball pick for West Virginia with him set to announce on July 4. On the flip side, I found it very interesting that Wesley Bissainthe was there with mom, especially considering the fact that they were on campus last week for an official visit.

– I haven't dug much into this weekend's official visitors yet, but I'm under the impression that Miami made a big move with Demario Tolan. I also think the Hurricnaes are in a good spot with Zane Durant.

– Jacob Hood ia a massive human. I was told he measured 6-9.5, 378 at some point this weekend.

– This is random, but thought it was unique. At one point during Paradise Camp last night I saw Ephraim Banda on Face Time with James Williams and Kam Kinchens. I think that says a lot about Banda as a coach.

Advertisement

– Last night there seemed to be different buzz in the air than some of the more recent Paradise Camps. I'm not sure why, but kind of felt like Paradise 1.0 when there was a ton of alums on hand and an elite group of kids working out. I thought the NFL star power on the sidelines was pretty **** impressive and those guys were actively recruiting for Miami, most notably the official visitors during warmups for the camp. I overheard Jon Beason and Calais Campbell just laying it out to Demario Tolan and Shemar Stewart why Miami was the place to be.

– Not a ton of 2022s worked out, which makes sense with everyone trying to take visits. With that being said, I think the 2023 group that actually went through drills was pretty solid. I believe that Wilky Denaud, Cedrick Hawkins, Dwight Bootle, Kaven Call, Amare Ferrell, Cedric Baxter, Andy Jean, Eddie Combs, Javian Simpkins and Jeremiah Shack all have a chance to be Top 50 players in the Sunshine State next cycle. Most are already ranked that way.

– Miami seems to be in the best spot right now with Shack and Hykeem Williams when it comes to 2023 wide recievers. I'm not saying they aren't recruiting others (they absoultley want Brandon Inniss, Jalen Brown and some of the others that were on the sidelines Saturday), but I have heard enough to beleieve that the Hurricanes should be considered the team to beat for both. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out just in general next cycle with the 2023 wave of wideouts.

– Raheim Jeter, a 2023 quarterback from South Cariolina, got a late invite Friday and flew down to throw Saturday. Jaleel Skinner is the reason that Jeter got that invite from what I gathered as the two are friends. I also saw Jake Garcia's parents hanging out inside the IPF with Skinner's parents. I belive Garcia was the player host for Skinner, who was also seen talking with David Njoku.

– I still like Alabama for Earl Little Jr. and was honestly surprised he went through drills. I'm not sure what to make of Marvin Jones Jr. as his recruitment is kind of crawling along compared to some of the other blue-chip prospects in 2022. I am bit surprised though that he didn't make it up to Tuscaloosa this month. I'll add that I think he's really taking a look at what system and schemes each school runs as he brought that up when we were talking Saturday.

– I think it says a lot that Jacolby Spells didn't make it out. Miami wasn't expecting him to show up, but I still think it's pretty notable that he wasn't there. I'm close to putting in a Crystal Ball pick for West Virginia with him set to announce on July 4. On the flip side, I found it very interesting that Wesley Bissainthe was there with mom, especially considering the fact that they were on campus last week for an official visit.

– I haven't dug much into this weekend's official visitors yet, but I'm under the impression that Miami made a big move with Demario Tolan. I also think the Hurricnaes are in a good spot with Zane Durant.

– Jacob Hood ia a massive human. I was told he measured 6-9.5, 378 at some point this weekend.

– This is random, but thought it was unique. At one point during Paradise Camp last night I saw Ephraim Banda on Face Time with James Williams and Kam Kinchens. I think that says a lot about Banda as a coach.

Lol at 6-9.5. Jeezus ivins - get it together.

Banda a real one. Was a **** of a recruiter, regardless of what you think about him as a coach. He really cared about the guys he brought into that safety room.

I don't know what to think of the AH kids. They all seem to have weird recruitments.

Love the news on Tolan, Bissainthe, Durant, and the two stud 2023 WRs. What an awesome event by Manny and staff!

Advertisement
The first year of paradise didn’t all the kids compete? Dudes just show up to hang out now. Lace them cleats up and let’s see something. I’m sure these legends can show you a thing or 2 to help you with your upcoming season

Kids today are a joke. Injured, fine, but if you're good to go, you should go. You want to compete, handle your business, and show everyone who the boss is. Soft

247 talks about it in this article

Oh, OK. I misunderstood ur post. I thought u were referring to who we can & cannot invite to our camp.

Yes, the NCAA doesn’t allow individual schools to have an “invite-only” publicly announced event. The loop hole, is last minute info on that particular camp, itself.

Iirc, in the first installment of our paradise camp, top recruits were invited like a golden ticket or some chit like that, and then at the last minute, public details of the time, coaches, event details etc was released, putting us “in compliance” w/ NCAA regulations.

Advertisement

Keep Banda away from everyone! Lol

The first part of ur post was spot on. Iirc, Richt had Paradise Camp, not just as a camp, but treated it like a quasi Rivals 5 star camp. It wasn’t just open to anyone; only the best were invited & if u were an under classman, u had to be special. Hence the invite went out.

Now, it feels like “a” camp. Love the amount of former players coming back to help, but yeah, we need to go back to making this an exclusive invite.

Regardless, off season Manny does great; but as I’ve said from the onset of this off season, these kids r now going to see these campuses again. We’re going to have to show these higher profiled kids that we r serious about winning on the field.
NCAA doesn’t allow a True invite camp. I don’t think anything about paradise has changed other than that first one was the first type of Elite camp Miami has had so it felt different. It also helps when all the top guys show up and compete. I think In years past they had a underclaassmen event on Friday and then invited the best ones back on Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back