Recall post Coker

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Nobody wanted this job as head coach. We ended up with Shannon. My guess is because they saw the team was going nowhere. No talent.

Fastforward to today. We have talent, for now. We have the young QB. I think many would want this job again. Better offer before we have nothing to offer.

Advertisement
lol, as i think dmoney stated weeks ago, this program will always have a chance to be a NC contender. within a mile radius lies the best hs football in the country. this program will always have a chance to be back. we won't always pay top dollar for coaches, but, for the right coach, this program is always ready to join the elite.

lol, as i think dmoney stated weeks ago, this program will always have a chance to be a NC contender. within a mile radius lies the best hs football in the country. this program will always have a chance to be back. we won't always pay top dollar for coaches, but, for the right coach, this program is always ready to join the elite.
This program is not coming back until it has an administration who gives a crap. You are right in that we have a chance because of where we sit but that's useless if we don't have the people in charge to take adavntage of it (and all signs point to them not giving a ****). The whole talent base thing is only part of the equation, no matter how much it makes Miami fans feel good and assured that Miami will be back.

We didn't want to pay anybody to take the job as head coach. We ended up with Shannon. My guess is because they saw the team was going nowhere. No talent.

Fastforward to today. We have talent, for now. We have the young QB. I think many would want this job again. Better offer before we have nothing to offer.

FIFY.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody wanted this job as head coach. We ended up with Shannon. My guess is because they saw the team was going nowhere. No talent.

Fastforward ta bit of history.As I recall a number of FB staters had a meeting with the AD soon after coach anounced he was
leaving.At that meeting they all requested that Shannon be the next HC.Do not believe there was a search for new coach but
probably last time the players pick the coach.

:K9yuNiP:

Advertisement
LOL at "Nobody wanted the job". Fake coaching search, Randy was Shalala's one and only choice, hired before Coker was fired.

Stop the crap.

This program is not coming back until it has an administration who gives a crap. You are right in that we have a chance because of where we sit but that's useless if we don't have the people in charge to take adavntage of it (and all signs point to them not giving a ****). The whole talent base thing is only part of the equation, no matter how much it makes Miami fans feel good and assured that Miami will be back.

We will never be back without a real coach. Our advantage is that is all we need. But you are correct that the problem is with the people in charge. It took near death to get them to phony up $$$ to bring in Howard. As thing are, the best chance we have is the idiots running THE U accidentally hire a decent coach.

Advertisement
Back