Reasons We Lost

Advertisement
time of possession. The Offense killed the Defense. They were gassed and still held them to 3 instead of TD.

This. All the fans were like let's score quick but kept telling them the D needs a rest. Defense played as well as they could. O didn't help them. And without 2 def TDs last week we go into OT with Tech. Let that sink in.

How is the OL any worse than last year's?
It's not. It's better. But our offense is actually worse. And so is Kaaya.

OL is always a convenient scapegoat when an offense struggles. They're not the 5 blocks of granite, but they shouldn't have to be to do a lot better on offense than we've been doing.

time of possession. The Offense killed the Defense. They were gassed and still held them to 3 instead of TD.

This. All the fans were like let's score quick but kept telling them the D needs a rest. Defense played as well as they could. O didn't help them. And without 2 def TDs last week we go into OT with Tech. Let that sink in.

Scoring quickly wouldn't have been a problem. Not getting 1st downs and not scoring was the problem.

You apparently need all americans at every position to get more than 88 second half yards against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Advertisement
You apparently need all americans at every position to get more than 88 second half yards against one of the worst defenses in the country.

You don't but your receivers shouldn't have hooves for hands....Brad played subpar but he should've been 9-12 in the 2nd half

OL is always a convenient scapegoat when an offense struggles. They're not the 5 blocks of granite, but they shouldn't have to be to do a lot better on offense than we've been doing.

Honest question-How is it better? I haven't seen any gaping holes that the RB's are missing.Most of the time they are getting hit in the back field.They are getting no push in short yardage at all.Pass protection may be worse.There is rarely a clean pocket for Kaaya.We looked ok in the first game,but as competition level increased,line play looked worse to me.It's not every play but there are breakdowns on over 60% of the plays that I have watched this year.There have been many plays where we didn't even bother to block a blitzer.Richt can do better calling the game I agree but the line is tying his hands to some extent IMO.What are you seeing to say that the line is better this year?

Last edited:

Honest question-How is it better? I haven't seen any gaping holes that the RB's are missing.Most of the time they are getting hit in the back field.They are getting no push in short yardage at all.Pass protection may be worse.There is rarely a clean pocket for Kaaya.We looked ok in the first game,but as competition level increased,line play looked worse to me.It's not every play but there are breakdowns on over 60% of the plays that I have watched this year.There have been any plays where we didn't even bother to block a blitzer.Richt can do better calling the game I agree but the line is tying his hands to some extent IMO.

We had Mcdermott at LT at times last year. We were dependent on Alex Gall. We had some injuries. They're now a year older, most are juniors with significant game experience. The questions is "why do they look worse?"

Honest question-How is it better? I haven't seen any gaping holes that the RB's are missing.Most of the time they are getting hit in the back field.They are getting no push in short yardage at all.Pass protection may be worse.There is rarely a clean pocket for Kaaya.We looked ok in the first game,but as competition level increased,line play looked worse to me.It's not every play but there are breakdowns on over 60% of the plays that I have watched this year.There have been any plays where we didn't even bother to block a blitzer.Richt can do better calling the game I agree but the line is tying his hands to some extent IMO.

We had Mcdermott at LT at times last year. We were dependent on Alex Gall. We had some injuries. They're now a year older, most are juniors with significant game experience. The questions is "why do they look worse?"

Because they went from a modified spread offense to a pro style offense

Advertisement

It was a rhetorical question in response to his question of "how is it better."

Clearly, it's style of play and play selection. For what it's worth, our "pro style offense" is currently all over the place with its sets.

It was a rhetorical question in response to his question of "how is it better."

Clearly, it's style of play and play selection. For what it's worth, our "pro style offense" is currently all over the place with its sets.
Yup, we are all over the place with our sets.....IMO the offense would be alot better if we used our TE's as TE's instead of lining them up wide or in the slot

It's triple upsetting because even Herbstreit was saying IN GAME how crossing patterns have been FSU'd weakness all season and yet we did NONE of that. The fact that those type of patterns are their weakness has to show up on film study.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back