Reasons We Lost

I normally try to avoid these personal recaps after games but I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the many reasons we lost a game that we should have won fairly easily. Here is what I came up with:

1. The OL. Simply put, this OL is garbage and we will not be "back" until we field an offensive line that can protect the QB and consistently run block. Either that or they need to go to a spread offense that minimizes the effect of having a weak OL.
2. The INT in the endzone. Horrible decision, horrible throw.
3. The b.s holding call on St. Louis on Walton's TD run. How in the world was that holding? He was barely even engaged with the defensive lineman. Just a horrible call and it changed the complexion of the game.
4. Dropped passes (Braxton Berrios, I'm looking at you)
5. Erratic throws from Kaaya. Simply put, he needed to be better in a game like this.
6. Richt's play calling. He is running the same plays he ran against GT and FAU. There is no secret playbook that he was saving for big games. This is who Richt is as a play caller these days.
7. FSU getting points just before the half. What the **** happened there? Probably the only real blemish for the defense last night.

/cool story bro
//thanks for the analysis
///OP stacks d...

I don't care I needed to vent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good work OP...you missed one. Whenever Miami was driving the ball on up tempo, the refs would find a way to slow us down.

Advertisement
I normally try to avoid these personal recaps after games but I couldn't sleep last night thinking about the many reasons we lost a game that we should have won fairly easily. Here is what I came up with:

1. The OL. Simply put, this OL is garbage and we will not be "back" until we field an offensive line that can protect the QB and consistently run block. Either that or they need to go to a spread offense that minimizes the effect of having a weak OL.
3. The b.s holding call on St. Louis on Walton's TD run. How in the world was that holding? He was barely even engaged with the defensive lineman. Just a horrible call and it changed the complexion of the game.
5. Erratic throws from Kaaya. Simply put, he needed to be better in a game like this.
6. Richt's play calling. He is running the same plays he ran against GT and FAU. There is no secret playbook that he was saving for big games. This is who Richt is as a play caller these days.
7. FSU getting points just before the half. What the **** happened there? Probably the only real blemish for the defense last night.

/cool story bro
///OP stacks d...

Keep listing them, the d blowing a coverage against cook and allowing fsu so many 3 and short conversion opportunities

Career Stats vs. FSU:

- Yearby - 35 carries, 105 yards, 3.0 ypc
- Walton - 15 carries, 42 yards, 2.8 ypc

We need more talent at RB.

Their longest run between the 2 of them is 12 yards. Don't even try to tell me these 2 dudes not being able to get 150 yards on 50 carries is all because of the OL. I'm so tired of that excuse.

time of possession. The Offense killed the Defense. They were gassed and still held them to 3 instead of TD.

Advertisement
Career Stats vs. FSU:

Their longest run between the 2 of them is 12 yards. Don't even try to tell me these 2 dudes not being able to get 150 yards on 50 carries is all because of the OL. I'm so tired of that excuse.

Told you this for years, we lost out on elite rbs, and settled for mediocre backs

Career Stats vs. FSU:

Walton took one to the house yesterday... called back on a BS holding call.

Advertisement
Good work OP...you missed one. Whenever Miami was driving the ball on up tempo, the refs would find a way to slow us down.

Was incredible to me. This is our bread n butter this year. It actually works. But everything stopped it last night (including false starts).

How is the OL any worse than last year's?

It's much better.

That still isn't saying a whole lot, but they played more than well enough to win the game.

Exactly. And, we played better offensively last year against a tougher defense at Doak. This offensive line thing is an easy target because we play 4 guards and can't maul anyone. But, if we need an NFL OL to do work against that subpar FSU defense, I'm at a loss.

Advertisement
That Kaaya INT flipped the game. 17-3, instead of 13-10. Confounding throw. Huge bummer.

1. They scored more points than we did.

/cool story bro
///OP stacks d...

P.S. I couldn't sleep either. I get annoyed every year that a football team has this much of an effect on me. But alas, I am a true fanatic.

We lost that game three times: the Kaaya INT, the bull**** St. Louis call, and the missed PAT. And I think that's what makes this so much harder to swallow.

Gonna have to hibernate for a little while because I just can't be here after a loss. There are some fair criticisms (play calling, the truly horrific INT by Kaaya, the refs, the OL), but I just can't handle the inundation of idiocy.

I don't get the "here we go again" vibe that our boy 'Chise does, because I think we're a better team in better hands. But we're still not there yet.

Advertisement
Back