Reasons to be excited about the program going forward.......

knuck1952

Recruit
Top tier coaching staff
Richt donates 1 million to IPF
IPF under construction
Overcame the loss of juniors Kaaya, Njuko, Yearby, Edwards, Jenkins and limited contribution from our best RB Walton and best WR Richards
Overcame depth issues
The birth of the Turnover Chain
13 true freshmen receiving significant playing time
We now have a home field advantage at The Hard Rock
Beat FSU
Revenge tour complete
Routed VT and ND
3 hour Gameday infomercial for the ND game
Finished 10-1
Top Ten ranking for regular season
State Champs
Won the Coastal Division
Playing in the ACC Championship Game
One win from the playoffs
Possible Orange Bowl appearance
Top 5 recruiting class for 2018
Richt named "Coach of the Year"
The Canes are relevant once again in college football

Sure I'm disappointed that we didn't finish the regular season undefeated, but honestly going into this season I felt that beating FSU was the most important hurdle for this team to overcome. I probably would have been satisfied if that's all this team accomplished in "Year 2". When you look at this list, how could you not be excited for what's ahead?

Advertisement
I stopped at 'top tier coaching staff'

wouldn't call it 'top tier' because Richt isn't top tier.

good, but not chammionchip quality

Advertisement
For me the fact that The Rock is now a massive home filed advantage is the biggest thing. All the others went into that happening but for us to finally be able to move pass losing our sacred ground and concentrate need turf with Irish blood is essential. We now have that place where we, the fans, can intercede in a game and impact it’s outcome. Anyone who ever went to the OB knows what I am talking about. We were the 800 lbs gorilla in the room and we terrorized the other team. The TO Chain called us and we came.

Top tier coaching staff
Richt donates 1 million to IPF
IPF under construction
Overcame the loss of juniors Kaaya, Njuko, Yearby, Edwards, Jenkins and limited contribution from our best RB Walton and best WR Richards
Overcame depth issues
The birth of the Turnover Chain
13 true freshmen receiving significant playing time
We now have a home field advantage at The Hard Rock
Beat FSU
Revenge tour complete
Routed VT and ND
3 hour Gameday infomercial for the ND game
Finished 10-1
Top Ten ranking for regular season
State Champs
Won the Coastal Division
Playing in the ACC Championship Game
One win from the playoffs
Possible Orange Bowl appearance
Top 5 recruiting class for 2018
Richt named "Coach of the Year"
The Canes are relevant once again in college football

Sure I'm disappointed that we didn't finish the regular season undefeated, but honestly going into this season I felt that beating FSU was the most important hurdle for this team to overcome. I probably would have been satisfied if that's all this team accomplished in "Year 2". When you look at this list, how could you not be excited for what's ahead?

The revenge tour is not complete as we still owe Clemson for 2 years ago not to mention Alabama from 1993 sugar bowl.

You forgot one of the most important factors. Its how Richt is now deeply entrenched into the community of South Florida football. He is building an organic movement that will help sure up South Florida recruiting for years to come. Its one of the most important factors in judging not only our future outlook but also how well Richt is doing his job. How he understands what the problems were at Miami and how to make Miami a dynasty again. You get your pick of South Florida talent every year and you will have pro-bowlers waiting their turns on the bench as they watch other pro-bowlers show them how its done.

Advertisement
We're translating our on field success to recruiting success, which is essential to sustain success and continue performing at a high level. I feel pretty good about the direction of our program.

Advertisement

:monkey-serious:
Lol @ you name your top 10 power 5 coaches I'm sure Richt os somewhere in there.. who do we have to have Saban Meyer Harbaugh to be considered top tier at coaching?

Advertisement
Saban
Dabo
Meyer
Fisher
Malzahn

next group

Smart
Frost (I know he's not p 5)
Helton
Petersen
Patterson

Your wife feels similarly about you.

dude come on. I would never talk about your wife

grow up

Mods, what's going on here?

you can't troll the way you do and cry mod, come on

man im not crying. but come on dude....wife jokes?

Advertisement
Back