Realization

Dees Brown

Freshman
Premium
So after a night of thinking the game over, and many years inconsistent play. We have often had this conversation: is it coaching vs talent?

Its both, More like 35/65. Coaching job is to provide the information needed and technic needed. Coaches are suppose to provide best information to the players so they can make the best decision possible.

And here lie the problem, Baker is not very good breaking down good information. So players are getting bad or limited info to make decisions. I think baker is good at watching film taking away a singular aspect of a team gameplay. Unfortunately he doesn't plan for beyond that.

Now the players. The **** show wiggins and pope display has nothing to with coaching. The onus is on the player to perfect their skill. Coaches can teach them proper technics, but after that. I don't hold coaches responsible.

Unfortunately most players on this team are coasting. Look at Mike Harley, he starting putting the work into his craft. He started to separate from the pack. We just don't have players that have that fire in their belly to better.

Our 5 year old always put in extra work then we ask. One day I ask him "Matty, why do you read the extra books, daddy only said you had to read 3?" He said "Dad, I want to be the best reader in my class. I want to read at a 1st grade level or 2nd grade dad". He does same thing for BJJ(we both practice), after class he asking me to practice more to get better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back