Realistic Recruiting Expectations

407cane

All-ACC
Mario got the job partly for his success at Oregon but mainly for his elite recruiting and hometown ties as he's not seen as an elite x's and o's guy but rather an elite recruiter.

Including their first full classes:

Miami w/ Manny
2019: 27th
2020: 17th
2021: 11th
2022 as of today: 55th

Oregon w/ Mario
2019: 7th
2020: 11th
2021: 6th
2022 as of today: 12th (after 2 decommitments already)

Obviously this class is too soon to judge him on but I am just thrilled to see us at the top each and every year going forward. I think top 10 every year, potentially top 5 with good on the field results is completely reasonable and actually the expectation, what do you guys think?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem with Manny is that he couldn’t develop talent n didn’t have the eye to spot talent. With Mario, I’m guessing he has both since his teams were. Top 10

Mario got the job partly for his success at Oregon but mainly for his elite recruiting and hometown ties as he's not seen as an elite x's and o's guy but rather an elite recruiter.

Including their first full classes:

Miami w/ Manny
2019: 27th
2020: 17th
2021: 11th
2022 as of today: 55th

Oregon w/ Mario
2019: 7th
2020: 11th
2021: 6th
2022 as of today: 12th (after 2 decommitments already)

Obviously this class is too soon to judge him on but I am just thrilled to see us at the top each and every year going forward. I think top 10 every year, potentially top 5 with good on the field results is completely reasonable and actually the expectation, what do you guys think?
Much harder to recruit when there’s not much talent anywhere near Eugene. Mario will get top 5 classes every year after 2022 class. I do see the 22 class now ending in top 25 with him which is remarkable with how low we are currently ranked which I know is more cause of the small class. Pull 4 more stars and 1-2 5 star and this class will be elite with lots of talent in a small class and then go into portal to address areas of huge concern, lb, edge, and cb if Stevenson leaves, maybe if he stays

Advertisement
I think we have to expect Top 10 every year. This is what Cristobal is best at, he is a killer recruiter. We need him to be pulling in top 10 classes to get where we want to go.

This year...salvage what you can...but I'd wager we finish somewhere in the vicinity of 15. Probably north of that, but we'll see.

Next year?

Top 5 class in the nation. The year after...Top 5 class in the nation +/- 2 spots. We should consistently be in the Top 10 in recruiting moving forward, with big, full classes flirting with the Top 5 at worst.

Brothers...that has to be the standard. It will be the first real metric of success we will have with this hire.

I’m not worried about his recruiting. Next year is deeper in Florida as posters have mentioned, he will get a first true class bump, and he’s a beast of a recruiter anyways. I don’t care the ranking this year just get some dudes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back