Realistic Omaha expectations?

Advertisement
Anything CAN happen. Im not sure we have the arms to think we can walk through the CWS. Having said that I hope we win. If we play more than 3 games, I think we will be playing for it all. The only team I would say ahead of time that looks like a highly unfavorable matchup is UiF. We wouldn't see them to the finals!

I take no consolation in our performance even if UiF goes out before us. I want to win it all.

Before the regionals, I wouldn't have thought anybody would be able to knock out TAMU or Louisville before Omaha. You never know.

If we win the first two games, and Lepore (sic) can pitch, then we should make the finals. Beating Arizona is the key. They are at full strength for the first time all year and we are down 2 pitchers (hopefully only 1). Between the ACC and the playoffs thus far, we have seen first class pitching, so I am not worried about the bats. Out pitching worries me, but Morris says Omaha is highly pitcher friendly.

It all hinges on game a game one win. Beat Arizona and we should make the finals. Lose and 2-2 is best case.

Advertisement
It all hinges on game a game one win. Beat Arizona and we should make the finals. Lose and 2-2 is best case.

Agreed game 1 will determine how far we go. If we have to play 5 games and win 4 in a row to make it to the championship series we don't have enough pitching.

Arizona game is huge

They always have a solid baseball program, so we can't sleep on them

This could very well end up being a UM-UF match up for the championship

I don't like our chances against UF. Their pitching runs deep. But if we can make it there anything can happen

If I had to put money down on a team other than the Canes or the Gheytors to win, I'd probably go with TCU. Very well-rounded team with a deep pitching staff.

Advertisement
We are the second best team in the tournament behind Florida.

I think we have a good shot to win it all if we win the first game.

I don't think we have the arms to win it all like most have said. The good news is we are the best defensive team in baseball, Omaha is SUPER pitcher friendly and we execute extremely well. Beat Arizona and there is a chance to play in the finals.

Last edited:
Bleacher Report picked Miami and Coastal Carolina for the championship.

Probably shouldn't even bother watching now.

e4d8fd03-b617-441f-af5a-f8f68c60b6dd_text.gif

Advertisement
I'm more worried about the potential 2nd game against OK State, they've been playing lights out. I still believe we should make the finals because we match up well against our side of the bracket. As long as the **** bats don't go silent again we should be good 2 go. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Why would any realistic expectations not include winning the championship? Win the 1st game and anything can happen. We have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Advertisement
Back