Realistic Hiring Targets For A P5 School: A 5 Year Look

Advertisement
I was against Billy Napier at first but he's turned down the Ole Miss and South Carolina jobs. He's gone 32-12 at ULL which is pretty **** impressive, that program was one of the worst in college football before he took over and he turned it around and has been recruiting a lot of NFL talent. He wouldn't be in my Top 5 but I wouldn't be ****ed if he was named HC
I'd be good with Napier. I'm sure turning down Ole Miss & S. Carolina were strategic decisions. He knows he's up against it at those schools. His path would be easier here, but our lame *** athletic department would have to step up commitment wise financially to get him or any desirable candidate.

Mario is top choice. Herman is top “cheap choice” which I think is possible and probable. Clawson I just don’t see him leaving to go to Miami specifically. I’d be ok with either.

I'd be good with Napier. I'm sure turning down Ole Miss & S. Carolina were strategic decisions. He knows he's up against it at those schools. His path would be easier here, but our lame *** athletic department would have to step up commitment wise financially to get him or any desirable candidate.
I think we could get him locked up for around what we payed Richt if not lower. He's only a G5 HC, it's not like we're going after Mario or someone

This^^^
Freeze and you might as well book a flight to Charlotte every year. Never will happen though. The trauma of “the cloud” and the fact we will have the microscope up our *** with him here would never fly with admin.

But the cure to our football sickness would be solved in one phone call.

But im at the point where id welcome a little probation time for a 3 or 4 year run with the big dogs

Advertisement
Can you expound on this? I haven’t heard anything about Herman off the field etc? Thanks

on another note, Herman and King could reunite
There was a few reasons Texas got rid of him earlier than many thought. According to what is said from UT boards etc...he was sleeping around with people in AD, also has a substance use issue as well, and some of these issues had the players tune him out.

Freeze and you might as well book a flight to Charlotte every year. Never will happen though. The trauma of “the cloud” and the fact we will have the microscope up our *** with him here would never fly with admin.

But the cure to our football sickness would be solved in one phone call.
fq the microscope bring me this savage

I think we could get him locked up for around what we payed Richt if not lower. He's only a G5 HC, it's not like we're going after Mario or someone
True. At least if we go for a guy like him he has experience on multiple P5 staffs as an assistant. He has credibility in recruiting and development, although the development aspect is on a smaller scale. With Napier, can he bring toughness and change our broken culture ? That's my big question.

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey has been a NFL QB coach for years, you mean to tell me he wouldn't take a OC job at his Alma Mater. Pagano is unemployed and is 61 years old... but apparently still wants to coach, a return to Miami and college is a easier and less stressful job then the NFL. Also I never said it was realistic, I'm saying it's what I would do
Pagano is retired, but confirm with @SWFLHurricane.

Dorsey I like, but not because of the Miami connection. He‘s regarded as one of the best young assistants in the NFL. That he‘s a former Cane is a side benefit and maybe a lure for him to Miami. Had he attended any other school I’d like him just as much.

I think they go with another Richt type hire. Former P5 coach either out of work or coaching with some FBS team outside P5.

Advertisement
True. At least if we go for a guy like him he has experience on multiple P5 staffs as an assistant. He has credibility in recruiting and development, although the development aspect is on a smaller scale. With Napier, can he bring toughness and change our broken culture ? That's my big question.
Idk really, I know he changed the culture at ULL but I'm not sure how he would fit at Miami, he grew up in Rural Georgia. Would a move to the big city with brighter lights be to much for him? Could he handle the pressure this job would give him? Idk but there will be
Question marks with just about every coach we look at, none of them will be a sure thing

Advertisement
Pagano is retired, but confirm with @SWFLHurricane.

Dorsey I like, but not because of the Miami connection. He‘s regarded as one of the best young assistants in the NFL. That he‘s a former Cane is a side benefit and maybe a lure for him to Miami. Had he attended any other school I’d like him just as much.
Even if Pagano is a no I would still be interested in Anthony Weaver. Hes the Run Game Coordinator and DL coach for the Ravens but worked with BOB for years. It's possible he could get a NFL DC gig but if not a College DC gig with BOB could interest him.

Idk really, I know he changed the culture at ULL but I'm not sure how he would fit at Miami, he grew up in Rural Georgia. Would a move to the big city with brighter lights be to much for him? Could he handle the pressure this job would give him? Idk but there will be
Question marks with just about every coach we look at, none of them will be a sure thing
The increased pressure will definitely be there. I'm not concerned with him being from Georgia. Jimmy was from south Texas, Butch from Oklahoma, and Erickson from Washington state. All completely opposite environments to Miami.

Advertisement
Back