Realistic Hiring Targets For A P5 School: A 5 Year Look

Advertisement
I was against Billy Napier at first but he's turned down the Ole Miss and South Carolina jobs. He's gone 32-12 at ULL which is pretty **** impressive, that program was one of the worst in college football before he took over and he turned it around and has been recruiting a lot of NFL talent. He wouldn't be in my Top 5 but I wouldn't be ****ed if he was named HC
I like Napier because of what you posted and because he’s worked for both Dabo and Saban. He’s been around top programs. He should have connections to build a solid staff with P5 experience. I’m leery of G5 HCs who’s bring G5 staffs.

Advertisement
Coaching aside, Herman in a clown. We don’t want that guy. He would flop in South Florida

Can you expound on this? I haven’t heard anything about Herman off the field etc? Thanks

on another note, Herman and King could reunite

Was reading an article about Napier from before the started and it touched on why he's being patient waiting for the right opportunity to come along. This part stuck out to me:

"There's an anticipation that he'll leave when the right job comes along -- one with a track record of winning, a commitment to football and a clear alignment from the school president to the athletic director."

I think Miami needs to be run like a Pro team thats a funnell to get guys into the NFL. I would hire a former NFL HC that has a lot of connections to other coaches and let him run it like a Pro team. **** in this situation you can even keep Blake James to be a fundraiser and hire Alonzo or whoever the HC wants to a GM type of role and they have control over the football program and help with scouting. I would love something like this

HC Bill O Brien
OC Ken Dorsey, Sean Ryan or Wes Welker
DC Chuck Pagano or Anthony Weaver

All of them have Bill O Brien or Miami Ties

Was reading an article about Napier from before the started and it touched on why he's being patient waiting for the right opportunity to come along. This part stuck out to me:

"There's an anticipation that he'll leave when the right job comes along -- one with a track record of winning, a commitment to football and a clear alignment from the school president to the athletic director."

Well, he’s not coming to Miami…..

Advertisement
I like Napier because of what you posted and because he’s worked for both Dabo and Saban. He’s been around top programs. He should have connections to build a solid staff with P5 experience. I’m leery of G5 HCs who’s bring G5 staffs.
Yeah Napier has been around to Clemson, Arizona State and Bama so he should be able to put together a decent staff

I think Miami needs to be run like a Pro team thats a funnell to get guys into the NFL. I would hire a former NFL HC that has a lot of connections to other coaches and let him run it like a Pro team. **** in this situation you can even keep Blake James to be a fundraiser and hire Alonzo or whoever the HC wants to a GM type of role and they have control over the football program and help with scouting. I would love something like this

HC Bill O Brien

Ken Dorsey as OC & Chuck Pagano as DC.
dr7 GIF

That’s your idea of realistic??

HC Bill O Brien

Any scenario that keeps blake james is a non starter for me. There's more to athletics than football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario Herman or Freeze im good with.
Freeze and you might as well book a flight to Charlotte every year. Never will happen though. The trauma of “the cloud” and the fact we will have the microscope up our *** with him here would never fly with admin.

But the cure to our football sickness would be solved in one phone call.

Ken Dorsey as OC & Chuck Pagano as DC.
dr7 GIF

That’s your idea of realistic??
Ken Dorsey has been a NFL QB coach for years, you mean to tell me he wouldn't take a OC job at his Alma Mater. Pagano is unemployed and is 61 years old... but apparently still wants to coach, a return to Miami and college is a easier and less stressful job then the NFL. Also I never said it was realistic, I'm saying it's what I would do

Advertisement
Back