Realistic Game Prediction from a Toledo Fan

While I would of course love for Toledo to get a win this big, it's not going to happen. Last year Toledo had an NFL quarterback and the Canes had been off for 3 weeks. This year, Toledo has a quarterback who hasn't really played in a real game yet (I don't count VMI), the offensive line only really goes about 6 deep due to some carry over injuries, and the last real game the defense played, it was lit up by Appalachian State. Toledo simply does not have the right ingredients for a big upset. If the Canes simply show up, they will score 42. If the Canes start hot, they could score 50-60 plus. This has the makings of an ugly game. Yes, Toledo has some great wide receivers and respectable running backs, but I don't think the offensive line will be able to keep Miami out of the backfield.

Advertisement
I think we blow y'all out but honestly anything is possible with Malik Rosier at QB. He can drops your win probability from 95% to 55%.

Advertisement
I want to believe that every game remaining on our schedule will be a cakewalk but I’m expecting a fight every Saturday

Advertisement
An O-Line that cannot run block + A quarterback who cannot throw + a punter who punts 20 yards...

If richt allows Rosier to throw the ball anything can happen. I doubt toledo can stop a powerful runner like dallas so if we just pound the rock we will likely win.

Advertisement
While I would of course love for Toledo to get a win this big, it's not going to happen. Last year Toledo had an NFL quarterback and the Canes had been off for 3 weeks. This year, Toledo has a quarterback who hasn't really played in a real game yet (I don't count VMI), the offensive line only really goes about 6 deep due to some carry over injuries, and the last real game the defense played, it was lit up by Appalachian State. Toledo simply does not have the right ingredients for a big upset. If the Canes simply show up, they will score 42. If the Canes start hot, they could score 50-60 plus. This has the makings of an ugly game. Yes, Toledo has some great wide receivers and respectable running backs, but I don't think the offensive line will be able to keep Miami out of the backfield.

have faith in Malik, his arm will keep you in the game
and Feagles will continue to help you win the field position game

i expect a miami win but it will probably be closer than the experts think

This game has as wide a range of outcomes as any ranked P5 team against an unranked G5 could possibly have.

I could see this game anywhere from 49-3 Miami, all the way to 31-17 Toledo of Ohio (not the one in Spain).

Miami is quite simply not a very good team.

Advertisement
My realistic prediction for this game is...

Toledo - 21
Miami of Florida - 35

He’s not wrong. Our O will struggle as usual but hit some big plays.

On D we’ll give up more 3rd downs than we should. They’ll convert 2 of those into TDs. Knowles will have a busted coverage and that will get them their 3rd TD.

Mannnn, GTFOH with that Miami "of Florida" crap. Everybody knows what you're talking about when you just say Miami. The only "Miami of" is in that factory of sadness called Ohio.
^^^phucking hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

That reminds me of a question...

why do they say THE ohio state university? is there another Ohio State University that is run by more scrupulous individuals that I am not aware of?

Advertisement
Back