Realistic coaching candidates

Advertisement
Would have been the laziest hire this program could have made
my choice for laziest (feasible) would be Caputo (and Im definitely NOT recommending him)... Frank Martin has roughly the same credentials as Coach L, and of course the Miami "ties". And is a bit younger. But (and I'm not trying to start more debate about retaining Coach L) just like Jim, his glory has sorta passed him by and the lovable but legendary grandpa who may or may not STILL have a championship-winning knack for TODAY'S game (and players) is not an unfair tag. That is"lovable" with a scowl of course, as in retiring Coach sKowl.

Advertisement
my choice for laziest (feasible) would be Caputo (and Im definitely NOT recommending him)... Frank Martin has roughly the same credentials as Coach L, and of course the Miami "ties". And is a bit younger. But (and I'm not trying to start more debate about retaining Coach L) just like Jim, his glory has sorta passed him by and the lovable but legendary grandpa who may or may not STILL have a championship-winning knack for TODAY'S game (and players) is not an unfair tag. That is"lovable" with a scowl of course, as in retiring Coach sKowl.
Larranaga runs circles around Martin

Frank Martin fired today by South Carolina after 10 seasons. Hope never to see his name mentioned with any vacancy we may ever have.

GW fired their basketball HC and staff today. Wonder if Caputo's name will come up due to his DC connections.

Last edited:
You can tell the fans that actually paid attention to Miami basketball before L and the people that jumped on the wagon and brought their nonsense over from football.

The same fans that were jerking off over Frank Martin, are a lot of the same ones whining about L. How's Frank doing now? UNEMPLOYED. L doesn't run an offense? LMFAO at this narrative that hasn't been true for years.

Advertisement

In what bizarro world does Frank Martin have roughly the same credentials as Coach L?

Good lord you need to actually do some research on Martin. Martin was at SCar 10 years. He made 1 NCAAT (great run), and 1 NIT. Then he missed the post-season entirely 8 years.

Coach L has been here 11 years. 5 NCAAT, 2 NIT, 4 missed post-season.

Definitely "roughly the same". Right.

In what bizarro world does Frank Martin have roughly the same credentials as Coach L?

Good lord you need to actually do some research on Martin. Martin was at SCar 10 years. He made 1 NCAAT (great run), and 1 NIT. Then he missed the post-season entirely 8 years.

Martin is a Miami Bro so facts and data have no place here

Advertisement

Maybe I researched the wrong Frank Martin, but in 14 years (excluding cancelled COVID yr) as a Head Coach anywhere, he had 5 NCAAT appearances and 2 N.I.T....

You can "bizzarro" and "good lord" away,, but If thats NOT "roughly" similar credentials, well, there's no sense discussing with a biased dogmatic imperious poster like yourself, or others of similar nasty bent.

Maybe I researched the wrong Frank Martin, but in 14 years (excluding cancelled COVID yr) as a Head Coach anywhere, he had 5 NCAAT appearances and 2 N.I.T....

You can "bizzarro" and "good lord" away,, but If thats NOT "roughly" similar credentials, well, there's no sense discussing with a biased dogmatic imperious poster like yourself, or others of similar nasty bent.

Martin had success at K-State taking over an program Bob Huggins had built into a national power, sure. That was a long time ago.

Both Martin and Coach L took over rebuilds at SCar and Miami, respectively. Both were/have been there about a decade. Martin has sucked at SCar. Coach L has had much better results here, and been the most successful coach this program has ever had.

If your love for Martin is what he did at K-State, and you just ignore the past uh, decade, he's been at SCar, you're right, I can't argue with someone that biased and dogmatic and imperious.

You really think people don't know basketball here?

College Sports Dancing GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Frank Martin and Frank Haith fired within days of each other, talk about similar credentials.........

Advertisement
Back